Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Tara’s POV

I woke up with my head throbbing.

I was really sore, and pretty cold.

But a warm body wrapped around me. I opened my eyes, only to see flashes of Isacc grinning evilly at me.

“Uh.” I managed to say.

The warms arms left me shoulders and I shivered. I heard Conner say “Tara! You’re awake! Thank goodness!”

I turned my head slightly to see his golden eyes filled with happiness and relief looking back at me. Turns out I was lying on his warm body.

He wrapped his muscular arms back around me and I relaxed into the warm. He brought his head down to my face and I tousled his shaggy hair. He smiled and pressed his cheek against mine.

I smiled to myself, happy of being so close to Conner. I could’ve kissed him right then and there.

“I was so worried.” He whispered in my ear. “I thought you were...”

“Dead.” I finished for him.

He squeezed me tighter. “You’re so cold.”

“You’re so warm.” I said snuggling into his chest.

He lifted his head right before Ann and the rest of the pack walked in.

Ann touched my skin. “She’s the same temperature as I am.”

“Probably because the werewolf and vampire mix with each other out and end up in the middle. Like a human temperature.” Noted Ulric.

I looked up at Conner. “I’m a hybrid?” I asked.

He sighed. “Yes.”

“How will that affect me?”

“We’re not sure yet.” Said Randy

“We’re just happy you’re alive.” Said Zevi. “For awhile...it didn’t look good.”

“Conner hasn’t slept or ate since we found you.” Smirked Randy playfully.

“Really?” I said with interest looking up at Conner.

He looked away, blushing. “I was only concerned.” He scoffed. “As Zevi said, it didn’t look like you were going to make it for a little while there.”

I thought this over, and asked “How long have I been out?”

“Only about a day; it’s almost six (p.m.) now.” Replied Ann.

I nodded and there was a bit of awkward silence. Everyone looked at me weirdly, as if expecting me to suddenly jump up, turn into a bat and fly out the window. Then Ann started checking me over like a nurse. Actually, she is a trained nurse whom works part time at the hospital and full time for the pack.

               “Eye color is the same; heart beat normal; blood pressure normal; temperature at human level; reflexes super speed as normal.” On and on and on.

Finally she went downstairs and came up with food for us. Everyone, especially Conner, literally inhaled their meal; while I hardly touched mine. “What’s wrong with your appetite?” asked Conner

I sighed. “I don’t know; I’m just not hungry. My throat is really dry though. Could you get me some water?”

Ulric murmured “I’ll get you a glass.” Randy and Zevi followed him out; most likely for a little meeting about me.