Chapter 20

In the morning, I woke up around nine again. I yawned and slowly made my way downstairs to find Penny watching TV. “Oh hey, you’re up!” she smiled.

“Yeah. I like sleeping in. I’m going to make some banana pancakes. Want some?”

“Yeah!” she laughed, turned back to the TV. I went in the kitchen and made a small batch. Once they were done, we sat down at the table and ate.

“So how long have you been up anyways?” I asked.

“Since eight.” I gagged on my orange juice. “Yeah.” She sighed. “I slept in a lot.”

“Slept in? Are you crazy? That’s like really early for me!”

She looked at me a moment, like I was slightly crazy, (which I probably am) and shook her head. “Ok miss sleepyhead, nice to meet you. I guess this makes me miss earlybird.”

I laughed. “Yeah I guess so.” After we were done eating, Penny bid goodbye.

“Thanks for having me over!” she smiled by the door.

“Anytime.” I smiled back, while giving her a hug. She hugged me back.

“Well, bye.”

“Bye.” I said, closing the door after her. I sighed. Now, I was alone in this giant house. I got dressed and brought a chair to the window. It was sleeting now. That’ll be lovely to run in later. I sat down and watched the water make streaks on my window. Then, my thoughts naturally turned to Conner.

Was he really dead? I didn’t think so; it’s probably just me being paranoid on how Randy structured the sentence. But if he wasn’t at the pack house where would he be? Maybe he was looking for me. I did send those videos to mom; maybe she told him about them. He could’ve gone to Alaska. I chuckled to myself, thinking of how the vampires up there would react to a werewolf on their doorstep. He could be anywhere. Though, I wish he were with me.

“Hi Tara.” Said a voice near me. I jumped and looked to see a wet Leah in my living room.

“Leah! You scared me! I didn’t hear you come in.” I exclaimed.

“You were thinking of him weren’t you? The one you imprinted on.”

“Why did you ask?” I inquired, while wondering how in the world she knew. Was she reading my mind or something? Is it that obvious?

“Well, it’s just that you had a look on your face. It reminds me of how Seth has looked for the past week. Just staring out the window sadly; with a faraway gaze, thinking about someone faraway from where you are.”

I looked down, admitting to it. “Yes, I was thinking of him, Conner.”

“Where is he now?”

“I’m not sure. Last I heard he was still in Montana with Mom. But I really don’t know.” She looked at me sadly. “I don’t really need him now anyways.” I shrugged, trying to get off the subject. But inside I was crying.

“I came to see your house.” She said. “Plus, I got two spa tickets from my last birthday, and I think you’ll have fun with me to use them.”

I smiled. “Ok. I need a distraction right now.”

As we ran to the place, I asked “why use them now though? Why not wait until you found your mate?”

“Well I figured why wait and plus they expire in two days.” I laughed. We arrived and spent the next few hours in pure heaven. My troubled dwindled away, and I fully relaxed, something I hadn’t done in awhile.