Chapter 8

I turned to her. "Can you keep a HUGE secret?"

"Yes, of course I can."

"I've already found him."

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

"Shh! Keep it down! He's in my old pack. His name is Conner."

"Why isn't he with you though?"

"Remember, my pack rejected me. He didn't want me to go but I ran anyways."

"You know what?" she asked matter-of-factly "I bet he's looking for you right this moment. If you imprinted on him, he must have on you."

"That's what I thought.... but he never said anything."

"I bet he was just too shy to tell you."

"Maybe." I said a little doubtful.

"Anyways, how cute is he? What does he look like as a werewolf? What was the first thing he ever said to you?"

"Well...."

*10 min later*

She laughed "yeah."

I footsteps nearby I looked to see a girl with cold eyes and a scowl on her face. "Oh hi Leah!" said Mirabelle cheerfully. "I'd like you to meet Tara. She's a werewolf-vampire mix. Originally she was a girl werewolf like you.... until she was temporarily paralyzed and bitten by a vampire."

Leah looked at me, her eyes no warmer. "No wonder why you smell like a damn leech." She said coldly and walked off.

"Geez, she scares me."

"Yeah, she does that to everyone. You get used to it."

"Not one much for words either."

"Yeah, that's Leah for you."

Then Seth walked in. "oh hi Tara." He turned to Mirabelle. "Want to finish that special op in MW2?"

"The one with the dogs?" she asked hopefully.

"Yeah."

"Alright! Let's go!" she said jumping of the couch and flying downstairs, almost falling at the end. Seth chuckled to himself and followed her.

Well, I guess that's that. I thought to myself. Might as well do something. So I wandered outside and into the woods with lots of time and nothing to do.

After 10 min of wandering, I came upon a tree house that seemed in good shape. I curiously came closer and didn't see anyone inside so I climbed up the sturdy rope ladder. At the top, I was greeted a shriek and "What the **** are you doing here?!?!?"

There was Leah in the corner by herself with a shocked and angry expression on her face. "I'm really sorry Leah I didn't know anyone was up here, I was just wandering around-"

"Shut up."

"But-"

"I said stop blabbing your mouth and shut up."

So I nervously stayed quiet while shifted into a kneeling position and covered up her feelings by putting on a mask.

"Come in and sit over there." She said pointing to the spot opposite of her. I did, and she kept a constant scowl on her face.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked

"Don't talk unless I ask you to. I do the talking." I nodded.

She sighed. "People don't understand me. I'm not that mean. I just have a temper and I've been through a lot." I nodded again to show her I was listening.