Chapter 39

Firstly, I must thank ALL of my fans and all of the people reading, even though I haven't uploaded in a long time due to busyness and plain craziness going on in my life right now. I can't believe that people are still voting, commenting, adding to their reading lists, and reading even though I haven't been on so I must thank all of you for that and I can only hope for such support in the future!

I also plan to have my goal this summer to finish Tara's Story. That's right! FINISH! I'm guessing there's 10-15 chapters left, but that's just a guess.

So, without further ado...

Chapter 39

Once there, we ate dinner with the girls asking questions about Sara.

               “So what was the craziest thing you did?” Rena asked.

               “Hmmm... that’s a hard one. I think trying to snort pixie sticks would be number one.”

               The table burst out into laughter for a few minutes before the questions of curiosity resumed. “Which guy did you talk about most?”

               “Her boyfriend Jake, by far.”

                “What about me?” asked Conner.

               “You were second place.” I smirked.

               Soon we finished eating and went to bed after a long day. As I crawled in, Conner asked “So what’s it like to have Sara back?”

               I smiled. “I’m really glad. But my mind is all messed up. It keeps thinking that she’s dead because I thought she was, but now she’s not, so it’s just mixed up. Did you ever find out whose body it was?”

               “I called, and they said the police records showed that Leo Green, Melissa Crawford, and Jerry Stingle all went missing that week. Jerry was found, and it was assumed Leo had run away so-”

               “It was definitely Melissa Crawford.” I interrupted. “She was Sara’s neighbor.”

               “She was? Well that’s it then. I’ll call them in the morning and tell them that then. They’ll have her re-dug with the proper gravestone and everything. I hope the ground isn’t too frozen.”

               “Yeah, the poor girl. At least her family will have the answers they were looking for. Well, sort of. Of course it’ll have to be white lies, but at least they’ll have peace. What did the pack say about Sara showing up?”

               “Well frankly they sounded shocked and appalled that she attacked Mirabelle and all. But now that she’s normal again, they’re thankful and happy and volunteered to do anything to help.”

               “Oh that’s nice.” I yawned. “Time for sleep.”

               “Yes, let’s rest now.” Conner agreed, kissing my forehead.

*Next Day*

               I awoke to a gray-set day outside my window. The sleeping bulk beside me didn’t stir, but I didn’t want to sleep anymore, so I swung my legs over the side of the bed and got dressed for another trip to the Cullens. Grabbing a pop tart, I was about to leave when I saw Rena there. “Hey.” I said. “Don’t you have school?”