Chapter 19

Ten minutes later, I had every single paper read over and signed. They would be looked over and sent in before I would be Mirabelle’s official guardian. Until then, I would just continue with everyday life. So I returned Alice’s car and headed home after a long day.

I got home to find all the boys gone. Probably went on patrol with Sam or something. I happily took off the heels and put on much more comfortable attire consisting of holey jeans and a t-shirt. I washed my dressy outfit and got it ready for whenever I would need it again. After a hotdog for supper, I decided to call Mom.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Hey mom, it’s Tara. Just calling in.”

“Oh hi! It’s so good to hear from you! I got your videos; I liked the one where you were playing piano.”

“Wait, what?” I was playing piano? Who was filming that? I don’t recall seeing that in the film. I’ll have to check that out later.

“Yeah and how you introduced all those people. I’m assuming most of them were werewolves since they didn’t wear shirts. Quil was surely a looker.”

“Mom!” I scorned. She could be so crazy sometimes.

“So anyways, did you get the house?”

“Yes I did actually! That’s sort of what I’m calling about. I was wondering if you could bring the stuff from my old room, belongings and such. The bed and dresser too, I can use them for the spare bedroom. I miss my teddy bear, Mr. Cuddles, and it’s just not home without him.”

She laughed. “Yes, I suppose I can bring them over. I would like to see your house anyways. Where is this place again?”

I gave her directions, and she said “ok. I’ll come over in a few days.”

“Well, it’s late.”

 I said, looking at the clock. “And it’s been a long day I better go.”

“Oh, ok bye.”

“Bye.” I said, hanging up. Then, I breathed easy. Everything was coming into place.

I went upstairs and changed into some PJs. Then, I snuggled into my bed and fell asleep.

Next morning, I got ready for work and returned Alice’s car, getting to the diner just barely on time. “Hey.” Penny smiled. “Did you get the house?”

“Oh yeah. After a hard day’s work I got it furnished too, with some friends help of course though.”

“That’s great! Don’t forget to invite me over sometime though.”

“Well, you could come over today after our shift. I have nothing planned.”

“Ok, sure.” She smiled and washed a table while I set up another one. Then, the shaggy blonde, Brandon, walked in. I narrowed my eyes upon his arrival, but didn’t say anything. He came over by me. I turned to him and crossed my arms.

“What do you want?”

“Well, I would like to apologize for the last week. You helped made me realize how rude we were being and I want to change that. I don’t want to be a jerk anymore. I want to have a real relationship. And you helped me realize that. So, I came here to apologize and to thank you for helping me coming back to reality.” I raised my eyebrow thinking, oh really?

But, he did seem to be sincere, so I forgave him. “Apology accepted.”

He beamed. “That’s great! Thanks again. Anyways, would you like to-”