Chapter 21

I popped the trunk and we put the suitcases in there. “Sweet ride!” exclaimed Rena while getting in the back seat.

Mirabelle joined me in the front as I said “It’s not really mine.”

We buckled up and Mirabelle asked “Alice’s?” Though, it really wasn’t a question.

“Yep.” I said, backing out of the driveway and hitting the highway. (Lol! It rhymes!) I drove, and drove, and drove on the highway, itching just to get out of the car and transform and run home.

Halfway there, Rena asked “When are we going to get there? It’s taking forever!”

“It was a long ride to get the orphanage when I had to come with that creep Chuck.” Commented Mirabelle.

Rena laughed. “Yeah, he is creepy.” I just focused on the road, letting them chat on. Finally, we got to Forks. “Wow. This place is small.” Said Rena.

“Well, it’s big enough for me.” I said, driving past the diner and such, and heading back out of town towards the house.

“So where is this place anyway?” asked Mirabelle.

“It’s sort of between La Push and Forks, but a few miles north.” I said, turning off the highway onto a smaller road. “We’re close.”

“Good. I’m just itching to see this place. And to see Seth.” Mirabelle grinned.

“Uh, yeah about that Mirabelle.”

“About what?”

“You and Seth. I’ll set ground rules later, but you won’t see him until tomorrow.” 

Her face just fell. “Not see him! Why not?”

“It’s only until tomorrow. I’m sure you’ll survive.” I reassured her. “I have something planned. Trust me, you’ll like it.”

“Well, ok.” She said, skeptically as we pulled up to the house. It loomed through the trees as we got closer and I parked in the garage.  Both of the girls had excited/shocked expressions as we walked into the house.

“This place is huge!” exclaimed Rena.

I shrugged. “Everyone says that. Is anyone hungry for some lunch?”

The both nodded, still with gaping mouths and wide eyes. I just smiled to myself and shook my head. They went off and explored and started to unpack in their new rooms while I warmed up leftover chicken cordon bleu casserole. As soon as it was done in the microwave and I had glasses of milk on the table, I called them down. They stomped down the stairs and sat down just as I did.

“How’s the unpacking going?” I asked.

“Well, I’m about halfway done, but I would’ve been almost done already if someone hadn’t started knocking the melody of ‘Under the Sea’ through the wall.” Said Mirabelle, narrowing her eyes at Rena.

Rena just laughed and said “at least I didn’t fall in love with my bed comforter the minutes I saw it!”

“I can’t help it! You know how I love wolves!” defended Mirabelle.

Before letting Rena say her comeback, I commented “I knew you would like it Mirabelle.” Mirabelle smiled at me.

Rena changed the subject. “This is really good.”

“Oh thanks it’s my mom’s recipe.”

She almost choked. “Your mother’s?”

“Uh, yeah.” I said a little confused.