Chapter 54

Here's another, longer, part! Enjoy! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 54

*Conner’s POV*

I saw it. I saw it all. Her confused expression, then the cringe of pain. SHe whispered for help as I began to run towards her, screaming her name. Tara. My precious Tara.

Her eyes, her beautiful green eyes, rolled to the back of her head as she fell as I caught her in my arms just before she hit the ground.

“Tara,” I cried and held her close. “Come on baby, don’t do this.” I cradled her completely limp body and looked around the room. “Someone help me!”

Carlisle was by my side in an instant, taking vital signs as the others watched in silent shock. Alice looked as if she were about to cry-if she could.

“She’s getting cardiac dysrhythmia!” Carlisle shouted. “We need to get her to a hospital before she goes into cardiac arrest! Edward, bring my medical bag.”

Edward did and Carlisle quickly took out Ivs and needles. “What’s wrong?” I asked with a quivering voice. “She was just fine.”

“I was afraid this would happen. The acid and base intake is never supposed to happen to a person, so her body was not prepared for it. All her organs are shutting down, again, as a result.”

“Can’t her wolf fix it or something?”

“No, because it’s injured in the same exact way. And trying to repair her entire body twice within two hours is simply impossible. It’d never be able to do that.”

“Well can’t you do something!?” I yelled.

He gave me a sharp look. “I am! Right now! We must transport her to the hospital immediately. I have a room set up for her already.”

“You do?!”

“Don’t sound surprised. Tara planned to have it available before she even left She knew there was a good chance she’d come out injured or worse and planned accordingly.”

I nodded since it made sense and sounded like something Tara would do.

“Conner,” Alice’s voice whispered.

“Tell him later,” Jasper urged. “We need to go now. All the data is taken. It’s time to burn the building.”

She nodded and assisted the werewolves in making a stretcher for Tara out of a table before everyone started pouring gasoline throughout the whole building. During this, I held Tara’s limp hand as Carlisle worked on fixing her as best as he could.

“Let’s go now!” He bellowed. The other vampires carried her and ran ahead, leaving me to catch up as the werewolves took the boxed of information.

As I ran through the largest room, I had to slow down and silently gasp at the amount of bodies there. They all wore white coats, most of them stained, as their dead eyes gazed past me. Fury filled my soul as I looked upon their lifeless bodies while thinking about what they did to my Tara and how they tortured her and everyone else in this place. Spitting on them, I whispered, “You got what you deserved.”

“Come on Conner! It’s blowing in five minutes!” Jared called as he ran past. I only gave a half nod of acknowledgement.

Just when I turned to finally leave, sharp, long nails dug into my back and I hollered in pain. Someone streaked past me in a flash and ripped the body off my back. The two people wrestled on the floor and I heard Sara’s voice call, “Go COnner! I’ll hold her!” Suddenly the pair stopped and a blonde woman with a devilish grin had Sara pinned down. “Just go!” Sara pleaded, glancing over at me. “Take care of Tara.”