Chapter 47

Chapter 47

*Conner’s POV*

“How are things? Is she okay?” I asked for the 100th time.

“Calm down! I doubt much has changed in the last hour. Just chill man,” Emmett replied, but he didn’t understand. It wasn’t like Rosalie was the one out there.

A moment later, Alice appeared and sprang up from my chair. “Come in; we’ll go over the information,” she said calmly so I went into the adjoining room where Edward, Carlisle and Sam were.

“She just fell asleep,” Edward stated. “Well, more blacked out from exhaustion,” he admitted.

I sat near him and sighed as Sam began to speak. “Her wolf was just put through the same tests as yesterday. Don’t worry, she’s fine. There does, however, seem to be an interesting piece of new information.”

“What?” I asked anxiously.

“it seems there are other hybrids that have been made as part of a group experiment. Tara is not alone.”

“There are others like her!?” Suddenly, I was excited again. “She must be happy. I know she always felt a little out of place...”

“She was please at this news,” Alice nodded. “But it seems most of them were not successful. So far, it seems Tara is the most complete hybrid there is so far.”

“So what does that mean?”

“We’re not sure yet. She’ll be getting a lot of attention now. Hopefully this means she’ll be involved in less risky experimentations.”

“I hope so,” I murmured.

“During this, Sara has given us a complete map of the lab and its surrounding area for the campsite. I expect us to move base there within three days. We should be able in infiltrate the facility in 5-6 days.”

“Will Tara be able to last that long?” I asked worriedly.

Sam shrugged. “She’ll have to. There isn’t any choice. we plan to move our camp to prepare an attack in three days.”

“Okay,” I ran a hand through my hair.

“ You should go rest now. If you’re healthy it should give her more strength since you’re mates,” Sam suggested.

“Okay. Tell me if anything new comes up.”

“I doubt anything will since she’s sleeping, but I’ll come if it does,” Sam patted my back. “Don’t worry so much. Everything’s going to be alright. Stay strong for the kids.”

“Mirabelle and Rena, right,” I nodded.

So I left the abandoned house that was serving as our new base since it was in between the three houses and the only place we could agree on.

In no time I was home and Rena and Mirabelle were moping around inside. They immediately rushed to my side upon my entrance. “Did you eat dinner?” I asked and they shook their heads no.

“What did they say?” Rena asked with wide eyes.

I told them everything that I’d learned as they eagerly listened. When I told them the timeline, their faces fell. “Almost a week!? That’s waaaay too long!” Rena exclaimed.

“There’s nothing I can do. We need time to plan this out carefully. There can’t be room for error now. So I suggest you two start eating again.”

“Only if you do!”

“Fine, let’s go make some dinner,” I sighed.

We threw a pizza in the oven to eat and I managed to take it out without burning myself for once. After eating, the three of us went to bed early only to lay in our separate beds and worry.