Chapter 31

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

***********************************

 Recap: So I did what I needed to do to save his, Rena’s, Seth’s and Mirabelle’s lives.

In a split second, I’d broken Conner’s right arm and fled out the door.

Chapter 31

Running as fast as I could, I left the room full of shocked people and ran out to the nearest living thing that I could find that was not human. It turns out there wasn’t a whole lot around, seeing as the onset of winter was near but I managed to find a small buck quickly enough. The moment I sensed it was near, it was selected as my target and was dead within five seconds with me leaning over and drinking its succulent blood.

After taking out the last drop, I sat back against a tree and sighed. My body relaxed and I felt that enormous amount of pressure simply drain away. For a moment, the three sides of me were at peace. (The werewolf side, the vampire side, and the human side) I felt rejuvenated, calm, and overall just a lot better than I had.

Then the recent memories came flooding back and I frowned upon them. Conner would be fine. Werewolves heal quickly as long as the broken pieces were straightened when it healed. If not, then it would have to be broken again at the same spot so it would heal right. It had seen that happen to Randy once and it was absolutely disgusting.

As for the others, they would understand. There’s not much I can do about it now. The vampire side was a part of who I was now and they would just have to deal with it. It was something that came with being around me.

I was so enveloped in my thought that I didn’t notice someone had been here the whole time. A rustle jerked me out of my trance and I looked over to see Embry nearby with a grim expression on his face. Scrambling to my feet, I noticed just how dark his eyes had become. In them reflected the horror and hatred of what he’d just seen. He must have been here the whole time seeing as if he had stumbled onto this scene, he would’ve been asking questions instead of standing still and cold as a statue.

I felt the bitterness of old memories rise up as I read the hatred spelled out on his face; just like how my old pack had done before. At least this time it was only one person. And this time I wasn’t going to run away. Instead I was going to stay and fight the opposition like I should’ve done before, even if it would be against my friend.

I was the one to break the cold silence. “I told you what I was but this certainly put it in perspective, doesn’t it?”

“Yes it does.” He replied unemotionally. “I can see what your true nature is now.”

I was taken aback. “My true nature? I was technically born human, became werewolf and then forced into this double curse and you call this my one and true nature? There’s something wrong with you if you believe that.”

“You’re just another bloodsucking leech.” He said with a dark stare. Embry had never even shed a mad face before but yet here was with the darkest looks I’ve ever seen on a person before. What had happened to the Embry I knew?

“At least I’m not a hating, discriminating Nazi like you!” I retorted, equally cold. “And here I thought I had found true friends that would never let me down, and yet here you are just as equally cold and hating!” I said, expressing my earlier thoughts.

“Well, let’s just say I understand their reasons for kicking you out now. If I were Sam, you’d be out of here tonight.”

“Speaking of that, what about the treaty you and your pack have with the vampires? Whatever happened to peace?”