Chapter 6

It was just after noon when I pass a sign that read 'Welcome to Forks'. I smelt a lot of vampire scent around here, but I'd already decided that I was going to visit the werewolves' place first. So, I kept running along the highway out of Forks and towards the place called La Push. Soon I started to smell a lot of werewolf scent. I followed the scent where it got stronger and stronger, and finally I came upon a house.

There were definitely werewolves inside. So, I walked right up to the front door, adjusted my shirt, and rang the doorbell. After a few moments, a guy answered the door. "Who the heck are you?" he asked.

"My name is Tara."

"You better not be a filthy bloodsucker, because if you are I'm gonna..."

"Don't worry, I'm not." I said, cutting him off.

"Then you've obviously have been by one because you smell like one. But, you also smell like a werewolf..."

"I am a werewolf."

"Good. Better than being a vampire."

"Embry! Why don't you let whoever is at the door in!" said another guy from inside.

"But it's a different werewolf Quil! A girl one!"

"Really? Awesome! Leah will want to talk to her. Bring her in."

He looked at me, stood aside, and I walked into the house. The other guy, Quil, looked at me with surprise. "You smell like a vampire." He commented.

"I get that a lot." I said, shrugging like it was nothing abnormal.

"What are you doing here?" asked yet ANOTHER guy coming from the shadows. By the way the other two acted around him, I guessed he was the leader.  

"Looking for a new home." I answered truthfully.

"Well, tell us your story." Said impatient Embry.  

So, I did.

Once I finished, there was complete silence. Everyone had an expression of shock, surprise, and utter disbelief all mixed together.

Then a girl called from the basement "Who was at the door? Was it another door-to-door salesman?"

"No." Said Quil. "It wasn't."

"Oh, then who was it?" said the girl, around my age, emerging from the stairwell. She looked at me and said, "Seth? Who's this girl?"

ANOTHER guy emerged from the stairwell, most likely Seth and said "I'm not sure." With a confused look on his face.

I looked at Quil and asked "Is that Leah?" pointing to the girl that just came.

He smiled and shook his head. "No, this is Mirabelle, Seth's mate."

I looked at her; she looked at me and asked "Who are you?"

"This is Tara." Said Sam. "She, apparently, is a mixture of werewolf and vampire."

"What... how... I'm so confused." Said Seth.

"Well..." I said, starting to retell my story. Once I was done, Mirabelle ran towards me and wrapped her arms around me in a hug and said "That's so cool!"

"Actually, it's not. Being rejected from werewolves and vampires alike, not having anywhere to call home, it's not cool."

She let go and said "Well, never mind then."

Seth still looked extremely confused. "I didn't even realize this was possible." He said.

"None of us did." Whispered Sam. There was a moment of awkward silence, before Mirabelle energetically asked "Are there anymore like you?"

"Not that I know of, but it's possible I guess." After another moment, I asked "So can I stay?"

"Well, you still need to talk to the bloodsuckers; you still kind of smell like one, plus you still suck blood right?"

"Only animal blood, no human whatsoever."

"Please Sam! Let her stay! I need more girl company, because we all know Leah isn't the best for that...Please!" Begged Mirabelle.

"I'll think about it." Said Sam, leaving the room.

"I guess I'll go talk the vampires then." I said turning towards the door.

"Wait for me! I want to come too!" said Mirabelle.

"You're not going there." Said Seth. "They're dangerous. Besides, aren't you still mad at Alice?"

"No, I made up with her." Said Mirabelle. "Anyways, I can go wherever I want."

So, we left together, with Seth scowling after us.

"Hang on a second." I said. I ran and transformed into a werewolf, then motioned for her to climb on my back. She did, and we ran through the wood to the vampires' house.

When we got to the giant, many windowed-house, we went right up to the door, with her still on my back, and I knocked my paw on the door, almost breaking it.

A vampire with a haircut similar to a pixie's answered the door and looked up to Mirabelle. Mirabelle slid off my back and said "Hi Alice!" to her.

Alice asked, "Mirabelle what are you doing here with a werewolf? You know we don't like them."

"Well, she technically isn't all werewolf. Or all vampire for that matter."

"What?"

I quickly ran to the nearest tree, transformed, threw some clothes on, and ran back to the front door. Alice still looked very confused, which seems to be the trend when someone meets me. "What in the world do you mean Mirabelle? Not all vampire and not all werewolf? She's clearly a werewolf."

I hissed at her, showing off my sharp fangs to her, obviously not of the werewolf kind. She backed up and called "Carlisle!"

A vampire with short blonde hair appeared at the door, along with five other vampires behind him. "What is the matter?"

"She's, she's..."

"A vampire-werewolf mix." Said a guy with spikish brown hair. I turned to him with a hard stare, thinking how can he know that? "I read minds." He said.

"That's Edward." Whispered Mirabelle. "And that's Emmet, Jasper, Esme, and Rosalie.

All the vampires looked at me.

"But that's not possible." Said Rosalie.

"Well, obviously it is." commented Alice.

So, after explaining my story for the third time in a day, which trust me, gets exhausting, the vampires accepted me, and I liked them except Jasper because he looked ready to kill Mirabelle any second throughout the whole time we visited. They offered me to stay for the night, which I accepted once I got Mirabelle home. Once I got her back, and went to bed, I thought about having this place as my home. It did seem a little strange, after not having a home for a month and a half, but cheery. Before I fell asleep, I made a short video for mom, explaining I just might have found somewhere to stay.