Chapter 50

Chapter 50

*Tara’s POV*

The rapid banging against my cell door woke me up with a start. “C’mon, let’s go,” the guard grumbled.

I groaned and slowly sat up. ‘Geez, don’t those vampires have anything better to do? Like hang out in coffins or something?’

“Get up!” the other impatient guard ordered, so I did. He let me out of the cell before roughly grabbing my arm along with the first guard and they took me to the lab.

Once there, I was greeted by two scientists. After a moment of discussing to themselves in voices so low I couldn’t understand them, one turned to me and led me to an adjoining room. “Sit here,” he instructed to a chair that was bolted to the floor. I did, feeling more anxious as every second passed. He strapped me against the chair around my waist, legs, ankles, shoulder/chest, and my left arm and wrist, leaving my right arm free.

Although extremely panicked, I managed to keep a straight face and not struggle. The knot of nerves on my stomach however, continually grew. My mouth was clamped shut as I restrained from screaming and crying out the question of what they were going to do to me and begging to let me go.

Then the scientist rolled a contraption towards me that was also connected to the ceiling. It looked like a giant, metal arm that was bent partway down to angle towards me.

‘What is this, what’s going on!?’ I mentally freaked out.

However the scientist was as cool as a cucumber as he took my right arm and put in the contraption before fitting it tight to the cold metal with clamps that made me bite my tongue to keep from crying out in pain.

I was frightened, but didn’t show it as he began to talk. “We’re going to test the flexibility of your bone, muscle and skin. It won’t take long,” he said simply before leaving.

I took a deep breath to calm myself as I caught a glimpse of a blonde figuring watching from the window that was barely visible out of the corner of my mind. ‘Her again...’ I mentally sighed but shook it off as there was a much more dire situation on hand. Such as: my life.

The machine whirred up and came to life, upping my state of panic a notch. ‘What is this, what are they going to do to me!? What did he mean earlier about the flexibility thing?’ I thought frantically.

Then it all clicked. ‘Wait, if they have me strapped down with my right arm in this contraption that moves, then that means they’re going to p-‘

My thoughts were disrupted as the machine suddenly jerked back and pulled against my arm, wrenching my bones free of their sockets and joints with horrible cracking sounds. A cry escaped my mouth as the muscle was torn from bone and my eyes watered as my skin was stretching to its breaking point. The pain was almost unbearable as it pulled a little more, earning a scream from me.

The machine was turned off immediately after, taking off the pressure on my arm and leaving me as a crying and whimpering mess. The scientists came back in and unclamped my broken arm before examining it. One observed it verbally while the other took notes at a lightning speed, not that I cared about any of it at this point. I simply sat helpless, unable to do anything but bear the pain.

“Well she’s not very flexible at all. Rather human-like I say,” one concluded.

“Seems so. Let’s put the arm back together now,” the other said. So they set to work starting at my finger tips and going all the way up my arm, taking every little piece of bone and muscle and putting them back together like a puzzle.

My teeth were clamped against my lip so hard it started bleeding. Every snap of bone set back in place sent another round of pain through my nerves and up my arm. After every fix of bone or muscle, my wolf side set to repairing it so everything would work properly once more, easing the sting a little.