Chapter 30

so, the funny chapter I was talking about isn't this one. I was ahead of myself, so there's around two more chapters before you get there. Still, this is a longer chapter than my lastest ones and you can still

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

and ENJOY!!!!!

****************************************

Chapter 30

*Conner’s POV*

               Around lunchtime Zevi appeared again with Leah nowhere to be found. He came up to me and said “I’m moving out.”

               I stayed silent for a moment, as I didn’t know how to reply to this. “Why are you leaving?” I asked.

               He stayed solemn for a moment, which was unlike Zevi, before breaking out into a huge grin. One guess to who he was thinking about. “Well man, I think you’ve probably noticed by now but I got a mate and um we need some, well, alone time together. She already has a place anyways so it’d just make sense.”

I nodded understandingly. When it comes to mates, having privacy is almost a necessity. “It’s cool man; I get it. But you’re always welcome here.”

He smiled again. “Yeah, I know. I’ll be sure to visit I promise. I’m not going to be too far anyways, seeing as we’re sticking with her pack for now, although we’ll probably move out to my pack later. Anyways, now you guys will have an extra room for a baby or something.”

If I had been drinking something, I probably would’ve choked at the mention of a baby. Not that I don’t want one, I mean my dream would be to have a house full of kids with Tara. It’s just now was a little early to be thinking about kids. I would be more inclined to think about that after we got married or at least engaged. “Not yet Zevi. I think you’ll have to wait a little before a Conner Jr. starts running around.” I said, chuckling to myself.

He grinned and nodded. “Yeah, I get what you mean. Well, I’ll see ya around.” We gave each other and tight hug before he went upstairs and started getting packing.

Then Tara came down the stairs with a duster in one hand and a puzzled look on her face. “Conner what’s going on? Zevi just brushed past me on the stairs without saying a word and now he’s packing up his stuff.”

“He’s leaving.” I stated simply.

Her eyes bugled. “What? Why? He can stay as long as he wants, I don’t care. Why is he leaving?”

I sighed. “Honey, he going to move in with Leah. They want some, well, alone time together.”

“Oh.” She said, her enthusiasm deflated. “Well, I’m going to say goodbye to him then.” She said determinedly and headed back up the stairs.

Not too long later, Tara came down with Zevi not too far behind, with him carrying his one bag of stuff. We all met up by the front door, and Tara said “I’ll miss you.”

Zevi laughed. “Tara, it’s not like I’m going that far! You can visit me anytime you want to.”

“As you can do with us as well.” She said with a small smile.

Zevi turned to me. “See ya ‘round man.” He said, giving me a bear hug before turning back to Tara. “And I’ll see you too, little missy.” They did their complicated handshake that I would never even try to learn, and he said “Now you two should try to stay out of trouble okay? Especially you.” He said, pointing a finger at Tara. Then he waltzed out of the door and we watched him transform before running off into the woods.