Epilouge

Epilogue

*Tara’s POV*

Winter passed quickly with everyone just trying to get back on our feet. Jason joined my old pack, simply joyous upon having his wolf back and reconnecting with it. Of course, he constantly came to visit Rena. Other survivors ended up forming their own group of sorts and settled out in Colorado. Rena and Brandon also ended up separating for awhile due to her emotional unbalance.

I ended up quitting my job as my recovery became my number one priority as well as Conner’s top priority. He waited on my hand and foot for every need and did everything more than needed. Conner threw a welcome home party once I was able to leave the hospital, which took nearly a month. He was my entertainment, he helped me cope with the grief, helped my body recover, he was my comfort when my hair fell out and bought me tons of hats, and stuck by my side for every moment that I needed him.

Things after this whole mess, everything had undoubtedly been hard - the crushing news of Sara and my unborn (and unknown) baby had me in a depression for weeks. But everyone pitched in for support: my mother, the old pack, the new pack, the vampires, and Conner’s crazy, but loving mother.

It took time, but my hair slowly grew back, spring came around, and...Conner started a secret project. It started with putting black paper over the back windows of the house and making me promise I wouldn’t look in the backyard. Then it was the delivery of lumber and constant pounding. Lastly, it was the days of silence and Conner claiming he was simply putting the final touches on everything.

Now, I had no idea what he made and my curiosity was almost unbearable, but I kept my promise. Finally, one night after dinner, he snuck up behind me and put a blindfold over my eyes.

“Conner, what are you doing?” I giggled, even though I already knew the answer.

“Just come with me,” he whispered in my ear before quickly kissing my cheek. He gently guided my steps out the back door and across the lawn with a steady hand guiding my elbow and soft spoken words. After what seemed like an eternity, he removed the blindfold.

My hands flew up to cover my gaping mouth. Against the dark purple sky, covered in white Christmas lights, was a gazebo in my backyard. “You-you built this!?” I exclaimed, looking back at Conner’s grinning face.

“I’m more handy than you think,” he winked, “and I wanted to do something for you. Your mom suggested it since you apparently always wanted one.”

“Oh my gosh.” I hugged him. “Thank you!” I gave him a chaste kiss before running up its sturdy wooden steps and looking around in silent wonderment.

I ran my fingers against the polished rail, still in disbelief of the fat Conner had made this whole thing for me. I didn’t deserve anything, he did. My job had been to simply survive, while his had been coping with me and helping me recover.

Behind me, Conner cleared his voice and I turned to see him standing in the middle of the gazebo with a nervous look. I smiled and walked up to him. He took my hands and looked down. “Uh, Tara, there’s been...something I’ve been meaning to do for awhile, but uh, it may seemed rush since we haven’t even been a couple for a year, and um...” he trailed off.

“Just tell me,” I murmured with a reassuring smile.

He met my eyes and took a shaky breath. “When I first met you and felt our connection, I was scared. I didn’t know what to do. My mother said imprinting on another wolf was unheard of, so I ignored it, which gradually led to you leaving. A lot of things have changed since the day you left, and honestly the days where I’ve simply been able to relax and enjoy your presence have been the best of my life. Someday I want to try for kids again, even if it’s not possible for us, and I want to always be there for you like I should. I, uh, had a lot better speech written out before that I also memorized, but completely forgot it the moment I saw your smiling face. And, um, Rena and Mirabelle are recording this on cameras while hiding in the bushes, but the main thing I wanted to ask you out of all this is,” he lowered to one knee and pulled out a ring, “will you marry me?”

Happy tears that had started halfway through his rambling continued flowing down as I vigorously nodded. “Yes, of course I will marry you!”

A bright smile spread across his face as he slid the ring on my finger before standing up and spinning me around in a hug. “I love you,” he murmured before setting me down and pressing his forehead against mine.

“Not as much as I love you!” I beamed and pulled him in for a long, deep kiss while the girls cheered nearby.

There was nothing to tear us apart now. No White Circle, werewolves, vampires, hybrids, or others could do that to us now.

My life was put back together. And everything was perfect.

-THE END-