Chapter 29

Ok, so this is where I'm going to do minor editing in the beginning to fit parts that are happening here, so don't freak out if you i mention something and you're like 'Idon't remember that part', it's just that I added it later. Enjoy!

************************************

The moment I walked through the door it was “Hi I’m home. Good to see you. Do your homework while I get in the shower.”

After scrubbing all the sticky stuff off and changing I went back downstairs to find Rena and Mirabelle had already finished their homework and were eating salads. “What’s that burning smell?” I asked upon reaching the ground level.

The girls giggled. “That was Conner attempting to make grilled cheese.”

Then his head popped out from a doorway. “So maybe I can’t cook! But it doesn’t hurt to try!”

I started chuckling just upon the thought. “Well, honey if you really want to learn, I can teach you.”

“I’m fine.” He mumbled before sitting down at the table with me.

I just kept smiling to myself and addressed the girls. “So how was your first day back at school?”

Mirabelle opened her mouth to answer but Rena replied quicker. “Well, seeing as Mirabelle’s in all the junior classes when she’s supposed to be a freshman and I’m a sophomore, we only have Algebra II and lunch together but nevertheless I got to meet her cousin Anna who is in a foster home too so can we maybe adopt her? Then there was this big mean football in Algebra II but I kicked him in the you-know-where so he won’t bother us again and then there was this other guy who tried to grope me but I twisted his wrist and might have broken some fingers but then there was this one guy who seems really nice and everyone else I met was really helpful including some of the teachers, although Mr. Bunger is pretty boring. And-”

Well, let’s just say she kept going on like that for the rest of dinner, talking so fast I hardly understood what she was saying. It seemed like she had an exciting day, whilst mine ended uneventfully.

On Saturday I woke up, by Conner’s side, to find that I had no shifts at the diner for once. The girls were most likely still sleeping (as teenagers tend to do) and I found myself unwilling to get up and do the housecleaning and other chores that needed to be done.

Then the doorbell rang. Conner rolled over and wrapped an arm around me. “Don’t answer it. Stay here.” He mumbles, seeming to be only half awake.

The doorbell rang again and I paused, listening if anyone was going to answer it, and heard nothing. “Conner, let me go. I should answer the door.”

“Well they should know better than to disturb our peace at this time in the morning. They shouldn’t wake people up and expect a warm greeting.”

I found myself agreeing to his point. It was still pretty early. The ding-dong echoed throughout the house once more and I changed my mind. “Conner, it’s rude to not answer the door when you’re home.”

He just grumbled in reply. My ears detected some shuffling down below and I figured Zevi was stirring. “I think Zevi will get it for you darling.” Mumbled Conner.

I was silent for a moment, before making up my mind to go down and see who it was. I had nothing better to do anyways. So I threw back the covers, grabbed a robe and slippers, and made my way downstairs quickly but silently. Zevi was clomping down the stairs far ahead of me, but I was moving faster than he was. Nevertheless, by the time I could peek down at the door he was right there opening it. The annoying bell ringer turned out to be a nervous looking Leah. I had never seen that expression on her face in her life. She looked scared, vulnerable and extremely nervous all at once.

Before I could come forward and ask what was going on, she had locked eyes on Zevi, grabbed his face and kissed him more passionately than I thought possible. Zevi was in shock, like I, but quickly got over it and started full on kissing her back, thus starting a make out session. I personally didn’t want to watch longer, so I snuck back up the stairs and pretended I’d seen nothing.

“Who was it?” asked Conner as I came into our room. He seemed more awake than when I had left.

“Leah.” I said with a hint of intrigue in my voice.

“hmm.” He said pondering over it.

I crawled towards him and settled on his stomach with a small smile on my face. I felt his muscles as he shifted to accommodate my weight while also wrapping an arm around my back. I scooted closer until the tips of our noses barely touched, while gazing into at him before leaning in for one small kiss. One kiss was apparently not enough though because right afterwards the peaceful moment got shattered as he tightened his grip and gave me forceful and passionate kisses.

Then we broke apart, breathless. My eyes searched his to only find one thing: desire. That one expression sent me reeling, and scrambled away to the edge of the bed as fast as I could before sitting on the edge and rubbing my temples trying to keep the memories away.

It didn’t work. The haunting images came back from my dreams and clouded my vision again, making the intense burning I had felt a moment before turn freezing cold. Isacc’s face appeared in my mind with the look Conner just had a minute ago. Just thinking of how Isacc had wanted me for his own personal uses gave me nightmares alone, not to mention how he had looked me up and down with desire in his eyes. I shuddered on the spot while tears started formed in my eyes.

Warm arms wrapped around me and I felt Conner’s breath as he said “I’m sorry. I guess I went too far too soon-“ 

“It wasn’t that.” I said, cutting him off. “Your look-that look-of desire. It-it-” I took a breath, trying to hide the trembling in my voice. “It haunts me. Isacc looked at me like that once and now-” I paused, trying to hide the tears that threatened to come down.

“Shh it’s all right.” Said Conner. I sniffled and turned to face him. His hand came up and stroked my cheek. “Don’t worry. Everything is going to be fine. Isacc is 100% dead and is never going to hurt you again. Ever. Especially while I’m here.”

His words made a small smile appear on my face and suddenly the coldness inside melted away. “I’m so lucky to have you.” I whispered.

He smiled. “That’s my line.” He gave me a soft kiss of comfort but soon it turned passionate once more. His gripped the back of neck and pressed my face to his while I relaxed into the kissing and melted right into him. The kisses intensified as I let his tongue invade and they gradually grew stronger and stronger. My body seemed to be burning up at every touch he made and the little voice in my head saying “stop before this goes too far” all but vanished as my hands started tugging at the bottom of his shirt. His kisses because so intense that I let a small moan escape from my lips.

And then I heard a scream inside the bedroom. We both instantly pulled apart and looked to see Rena standing in the room with a traumatized expression. She voice her voice pretty quickly though. “I can’t believe you guys! I go downstairs to see Zevi and Leah basically going full out and then I come out here to hear you guys moaning and such! Can no one refrain themselves around here? I can’t get a stinking bowl of cereal anymore without running into a make out session!”

My face started turned red of embarrassment so I ducked behind Conner to hide it. Rena huffed and stormed down the stairs without saying anything more, leaving us in a slightly awkward silence. “Maybe we should go...” I murmured.

Conner nodded in agreement and we both silently went our separate ways to get dressed before cautiously heading downstairs to find Rena munching on some cereal. It seemed as though Mirabelle had not been awake for any of this, for which me and Conner were both thankful. Later when she did wake up and come downstairs, no one said anything about what had happened prior.

***********************************************

So I hope you like it! Sorry it took so long, I've been busy as usual

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

as usual :)