𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔶 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲

❝ 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ❞

𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔶 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲

𝕬𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖆 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 shower together of nothing but messing around with suds as they got clean, the two climbed out. Jack ruffled his wet curls with the towel, before flipping it over Val's head and wrapping her shoulders. He gave her a goofy smile, before getting another towel to wrap himself. "You hungry? I'm feelin' a grilled sandwich, wit' extra, extra cheese!" he licked his lips hungrily, flinging the bathroom door open. He spun back around and pulled her out of the bathroom by her fingertips, as she clutched the towel's ends together. "You gon' make it for me?"
"Do I look like yo' mother?" she scoffed.
"Of course not, but you gon' have to start actin' like one for our kids." he grinned. Val's brows rose at the unfaltering seriousness within his smile.
"You wanna knock me up? That shit sounds like a threat." she chuckled. He dragged her closer to him.
"I'd carry my kid myself, if I could, but you are the only option I'ma settle with."
"Your stoned talk be gettin' outta hand lately, Jack." she pouted with her squint.
"No, I'm being real wit' you, ma. When we're both ready for it, though." he shrugged, squeezing her chin. He leaned in and kissed her lips. "How about I make you that sandwich? You can add that onto your long ass list of reparations."
"That's what I like to hear." she grinned.

He kept to his offer and, after getting on some underwear and shorts, he made cheesy, grilled sandwiches for the two of them. They ate and chilled within the thin bedsheets in the dark bedroom, allowing the moonlight shining through the blinds to be the only source of light. They talked about nothing in particular. Jack had completely forgotten about the gravity of his words beforehand by that point, but it certainly still sat on her mind.

"Were you being serious, before?" she mumbled against his hairy chest. He stroked along her arms, as he hummed. "About having a kid."
"Ya' know, I ain't really big on relationships, but on some real shit, I'on see myself wit' anyone else, and obviously that means I want somethin' more with you." he softly answered, sounding drowsy and close to falling asleep. Val sighed indecisively, lifting her head to look at him. He opened his eyes, once he noticed. "I'm really happy with you, Val. I know we're still young but I want you in my future."
"You still high?" she squinted dubiously.
"High or sober, I'd say the same." he replied earnestly. Val scoffed, struggling to hide her smile. "You understand, or do I gotta say it again?"
"I'on mind hearing you say that shit again." she licked her lips, he lowly chuckled.
"Come on, you got yo' break, you gotta be up early tomorrow." he mumbled sleepily.

Resting her head back on his chest, she could feel his heartbeat come to a slow, metronomic rhythm. "I love you, Jack." she mumbled. He hummed softly. She wasn't even sure if he heard her, as his tender strokes along her arm slowed to a stop once he dozed off.

The following morning, Jack rolled onto his side, peeling his eyes open once he realised that Val wasn't in his arms. He sat up with a yawn, hearing movement outside the ajar bedroom door. He climbed out of bed and went to freshen up, before trudging into the kitchen where he found Valerie at the stovetop. Dressed in a button-up and black slacks, she looked just about ready for work, flipping an omelette in a frying pan.

Jack wandered closer, putting his hands on her hips and placing his chin on her shoulder. She placed a hand on his cheek, "You doing anything today or are you just gon' stay here and eat my food all day?"
"Yo' fridge empty, baby, there ain't shit to be eating anyway." he muttered hoarsely.
"You motherfucker." she sucked her teeth. He softly giggled, kissing her cheek.
"Nah, I got a shoot today, so I'ma be out in some hours. But I can drop you off this morning, after you finish your breakfast."
"This is for you, Jack, and I'on need a ride. I gotta dip in twenty and you ain't even got a shirt on." She shovelled the omelette onto the plate beside the stove and switched it off.
"Oh shit, really?" He pulled back, picking up the plate. "Damn, thank you, baby," he pecked her lips. "But I'm still gonna drop you off. Toast some bread for me and we can leave in ten." He folded the omelette in half and took a large bite, as he exited the kitchen.