𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔰

❝ 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 ❞

𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔰

𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞, "Life like this sure is sweet, huh?" He chuckled heartily as if he were a rich businessman, causing Val to snicker in the chair beside him. They were halfway through their spa date that Val had planned for them since Jackman had been complaining about how his tour dates were getting in the way of his routinely mani-pedi—so she took the opportunity to try a new nail style. On top of that, she booked a private massage for the two of them, as he was additionally complaining about how understandably drained he was.

  "It sure is." she replied, joining in on his hearty laughter. The two nail techs in front of them tried to not laugh themselves.
  "I really appreciate this lil' thing you did for us though, baby, I really needed it."
  "I'm aware, it's all I been hearing from you this week, so you're welcome." she retorted jokingly. He rolled his eyes with a smile.
"I know you did too." he tilted his head to her. "How are you coping, knowing he was found guilty? You must be a lil' relieved."
  "It's reassuring, I guess. It still worries me that he could come out after his five years looking for me. I hope they destroy his ass in prison. Literally." she grumbled.
  "He ain't gonna ever see you again, I'ma always make sure of that." he reassured.

After their mani-pedis, a massage, and a haircut and a retwist, Jack had a surprise for her, leading her to a hotel that he'd booked out for the night. The hotel suite was certainly presidential, stretching vastly with a sunken living room and modern kitchen illuminated by the city lights beaming through the elongated windows. Plated cuisines sat at the dining table, awaiting the couple's arrival. Val gasped at the sight of it all.

"Now, what the fuck?" her face instantly dropping and giving him a glare, as he proudly grinning beside her. "Where the hell did you get all the time to do all this, Mr. Man?" she crossed her arms.
"Urban helped me get it all booked while I kept you busy." he shrugged.
"You mean, I kept you busy, wit' all that complaining of yours."
"And it was all for good reason. Come, there's somethin' else." he ushered her over to the large bedroom, dimmed to allow only candlelight to prosper and letting the the royal blue balloons hitting he ceiling sparkle once caught in the light.

Val froze. Her eyes skated over the double bed where bags of expensive gifts were arranged across the white sheets, with blue rose petals strewn around the beautiful, satin dress laying in the middle. "Jackman." she started. He slowly sauntered around her and sat in an empty space on the bed, waiting for her to find her words.

"Jackman Harlow..." she breathlessly sighed. He encouraginging hummed, "This is beautiful."
"Come here," he reached out for her, she gradually approached and he held her close.
"Who is all this for? 'Cause I know damn well it ain't for me."
"Whatchu mean? This is all for you, baby." he laughed. She took it all in.
"You know I hate you spending money on me. What the hell has got you doing all this, and all that in the other room?" she chuckled in bewilderment. Jack continued to laugh at her shock.
"You know you mean the world to me, Val, literally. I was a lil' torn on how I would show how much I want you to be mine, and how I want to be yours." he explained, he stood up as she stepped back to soak in all that he was saying.
"You not gon' make me sign another NDA, are you?" she pouted, causing him to smirk widely.
"I want everyone to know that you are my woman... Unless you want me to go get it printed or somethin'—"
"No!" she abruptly interrupted, fuelling his giddiness, she moved into his arms. "I like that." she beamed and he kissed her.

Once finally released from each other's embrace, Val took a look at the dress that he'd bought her, and dear Lord was it gorgeous. She raised it up in front of her and awed at its beauty, while Jack leaned against the wall watching her.

"I'on believe you had the keen eye for this dress. Who picked it out?" she suspiciously squinted, Jack scoffed with a falsely offended glare.
"You have that little faith in me?"
"I'm sure you'on even know my dress size. Did Urby pick it?" she questioned. Jack abstained from answering, only crossing his arms. "I'll be sure to give him my thanks."
  "Urban don't be stripping you down on the regular to be knowing that like I do, heaven forbid he does. Don't be talking out the side of yo' neck." he scolded her with a parental finger.
  "Guess he ain't told you about our playdates to the mall yet." she hummed with the cross of her arms also.
"Girl, if don't quit yo' talking and put on the dress that I picked out for you, I swear, Val." he instructed.
"I'm finna ask him myself." she tutted jokingly, striding off to the ensuite bathroom with a sashay in each step. He softly chuckled, watching her as she went.