𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝔱𝔯𝔶 𝔪𝔢

❝ 𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐄 ❞

𝔱𝔯𝔶 𝔪𝔢

𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 be dormant, in regards to Jevon's unpredictability, but Jack's career was through the roof; especially after the release of the single and music video "Industry Baby". Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow were the talk of the town, the talk of the world even. Despite the controversies and the homophobic discourse that Nas was openly getting and Jack was being fed from his own team, the two celebrated with full glass of champagne and a countdown at midnight in Atlanta.

The night was long and certainly one to remember, as Jack could so proudly see his life's work coming into fruition.
  "Bruh, you good?" Nas grinned, as he wrapped his arm around Jack's shoulders. "You don't look as happy as you should be."
  "Nah, I'm just..." he softly chuckled to himself, leaning closer to Nas to speak over the loud music. "I'm just in a lil' disbelief."
  "Well, believe it, bro! We're sitting at the big boys' table, right where we deserve to be, Jack." he reassured. "Now, I'm finna get you wasted before you start that sobriety plan you got goin' on, so come on." Nas mischievously grinned and pulled him back into the crowd.

A few days later, Jack went to surprise Val at her class. Sliding in as they were practicing their choreography, he stood in the corner like last time and watched as she expertly performed her dance, as her class followed behind. The song came to an end and he loudly clapped. The class of kids turned around and instantly screamed at the sight of him, Val rolled her eyes, chuckling as she approached him. "I have got to tell the reception to stop letting yo' sneaky ass get past."

She gave him a gentle squeeze and introduced him to her weekly class, to which they were more focused on finding out their secret relations in regards to their suggestive scene in the music video.
  "You can't deny it, it's all over Twitter!"
  "Now, Twitter is far from a credible source." Val frowned.
  "Don't listen to her, Twitter be on facts sometimes." Jack amusingly added, causing her to kiss her teeth as the kids agreed.
  "Y'all mind yo' business, just get your pictures and get going." Val laughed, dismissing the questions as they began to swarm him. Once the class was over and the last of her students left, Jack giddily skipped over to Val as she was more preoccupied with her phone.

  "How you doin' with all the exposure, Ms. Warden?" he grinned, wrapping her in his arms and peering over her shoulder at her text messages with Jevon. He couldn't decipher fully what they were talking about but it didn't seem good by his excessive use of capitals. "What's all that about?"
  "He's on his way." she muttered.
  "What do you mean? Is he mad or somethin'?" he pulled a face. Val removed herself from his hold and kept a solid distance between them.
  "I think you should go." she abruptly stated.
  "Yo, what?" he began laughing, "I haven't properly celebrated wit' you, Val, that's why I'm here, and you want me to leave?"
  "I just really don't want you to be here, when he gets here." she pleaded. "Please, Jack, I'll come 'round yours to celebrate with you and Urb."
  "You ain't gotta do all that, Val, if he's got a problem with me being around you then he can say that shit to my face."

Before Valerie even had the chance to reply, Jevon came bursting through the double doors. "Val, for fuck's sake. You think you can just avoid me, now I really know what you been doin' with this waste of space?" he scoffed, pursuing her with haste. Jack instantly stepped in front of her before he could get his hands on her."
  "You ain't gettin' any closer, man,"
  "Oh, now you telling me what to do? She's my girlfriend, this don't concern you." Jevon drew closer to Jack's face, their glares matching the other.
  "Guys—" Val tried to intervene but was interrupted.
  "I ain't listening to anyone that be putting his hands on his girl."
  "The fuck you say to me, asshole?" he pushed against Jack's chest.
  "You heard me, or do I gotta say it again for yo' dumbass to understand?" Jack's head tilted with his question. Jevon's brows furrowed and almost growled.
  "You think you real slick thinking I ain't see you making moves on my girl in that music video, like I won't beat yo' white ass."
  "Try me." Jack challenged. Jevon took it, instantly grabbing onto Jack's shirt and shoving him back, Jack did the same, making sure to keep himself on his feet.
  "Guys!" Val shouted this time, but it was too late as they two men were already at each other's throats.