𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔞 𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔤

❝ 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 ❞

𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔞 𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔤

  "𝕾𝖍𝖊'𝖘 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔𝖓𝖊," Jack started, as he entered the kitchen. Urban lifted his head from the box of buffalo wings. He hummed, pulling the saucy meat from the bone. "She's got a boyfriend, Urb, his name's Jevon, he's a mixologist at Foxtrot and they've been together for almost two years." he sighed. Jack leaned down onto the counter and ran his hands through his hair.
  "You serious?"
  "Does it look like I'm jokin'?" he snapped. Urban slowly chewed.
  "Have a wing, dawg," He swung the wing in front of his face, Jack raised his blue eyes with a frown. "Come on, Daniel gave me extra buffalo sauce." Urban wriggled his brows.
Jack tutted and took it from him, sighing heavily as the bite he took seemed to calm him down. After having to settle his racing mind, while she talked about her happy relationship with another man, the wing did give him the comfort he needed.

Urban licked his fingers, "So she's taken," he hummed thoughtfully.
  "Yeah. I guess she really moved on." Jack grunted, taking a second bite.
"'Ight, I'ma be totally honest wit' you, bruh, 'cause you know I love you and only want the best for you, yeah?" Urban began, after sipping on his soda, Jack nodded, cleaning the bone and throwing it back into the box. "There ain't shit you can do."
"Urb, I already know that—" he rolled his eyes.
"Then you shouldn't be huffin' and puffin' like that all over my wings." his friend retorted. Jack stubbornly pouted and straightened. "You've always just wanted her to be happy, right? Clearly she is, even if it ain't wit' you."
"Yeah." Jack muttered.
"Val is a pretty girl, you can't expect someone else to not do the same as you. It's been three years, bro, she could've been waiting for you and you never called her back." he shrugged, biting into another wing.

He knew all of that (and hearing it again grinded his gears) but it still felt like shit knowing that she'd moved on while she still sat on his mind. He was certainly enjoying the lifestyle that the fame was blessing him with over the last few years, and the women that wanted a piece of him. Focusing on his music meant that he only really gave himself the time to fuck and forget, though Valerie still remained on his mind.

Jack was visibly disgruntled and Urban raised his saucy hands up in defence, "I said I'd tell you the truth, Jack. You was enjoying that available pussy every chance you had, so." He ultimately just hated the fact that he was correct, so Jack sighed.
"I'm going to bed." he mumbled. As he walked to the stairs, he halted, swinging around, "Wait, where's my meal?" Urban innocently hummed with the last wing just in front of his mouth. Jack narrowed his gaze and it cued his suspicious friend to attempt to devour the wing whole. "I'll rock your jaw, if that was mine."
"Hey, I gave you one." he reasoned, Jack shoved him and Urban snickered, trying not to choke.
"I want my money back." Jack grunted, walking off.
"That was just gas money, dude!"

A few weeks later, Jack and Valerie were more in contact, keeping up with everything that was going on with each other—even though that only consisted of hours in the studio and multiple cheesesteak sandwiches for Jack. Val was more focused on getting down the choreography she had to teach for the class, next week. She got dressed to go to the dance studio, running into Jevon who stepped in her way.

"Babe, I gotta go, I'm already late." she huffed impatiently. He tilted his head, his eyes scrutinising her crop top and tight cycling shorts.
"You ain't going out dressed like that." he told her firmly. She gazed at her clothing and then pulled a face.
"Why do you always do this, bruh? This is completely fine, I wear this all the time when I dance."
"When you was with that white kid before, but not wit' me. Yo' ass and tits are out, I'on want people lookin' at you and thinkin' they can talk to you." he crossed his arms.
"Jevon, that's the least of my problems right now, I'ma be fucking late." she tried to step past him but his muscular build was enough to take up the whole corridor when he outstretched his arms.
"Go change." he demanded, pushing her back. It was so hard that she dropped the stilettos she was holding, as she stumbled backwards. She gave him an incredulous look, but he didn't seem fazed.

Jevon and Valerie had met when she had returned back to Georgia for Christmas two years ago, meeting him when she went out for New Year's drinks. They'd hit it off quite quickly and have been inseparable since.

Val never really liked to take many people's relationship advice, especially when it from her single friends, which meant that she didn't particularly like to consider their concerns on how controlling Jevon was. At the end of the day, he loved her, and she loved him, so what else really mattered?

She huffed, and turned back around, going back to get something to cover herself. When she walked back out, Jevon smiled, she was now wearing a fleece with leggings over her initial clothing.
"See, that wasn't so hard, was it? Come here. Next time, I'on wanna have to ask you, okay?" he said, as she let him hug her. He kissed her forehead and she forcefully smiled, not wanting her annoyance to show. "Call me when you get there." Val silently nodded, picked up her heels and left.