𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲

❝ 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ❞

𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲

  "𝕵𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖞 𝖆𝖓𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌, anything that comes to mind." Val prodded, searching Jack's wondrous, locked gaze on her. He took a moment, before licking his lips, as he spoke lowly between them.
  "Spending time wit' someone else, and I get to wishing that she was you." Val slowly began to smile. "Any girl can be beautiful, but not any girl can just be in tune."
His fingers gently held her chin, inching closer. "And you so in tune and you understand me. I make you laugh and you say to me that you can't stand me." She rolled her eyes as she softly chuckled.
"You soul food, and you eye candy..." he trailed, his eyes fixed on her lips. She took that as her cue to close the gap between them. They melted into each other, as soon as their lips touched—a slow and meaningful moment.

They were laid out in Jack's bed in the penthouse suite. It was late and Val was meant to be in her bedroom across the hall, but seemed to find herself in his arms, deep within his covers. He didn't mind, since he couldn't fall asleep himself, so they talked under the covers for a while, the warm hue of the beside lamp illuminating the white sheets.

Jack gradually moved on top of her, as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Val softly moaned, enjoying how he put her in the position that coined his nickname.
  "Val," he muttered into her lips, she moaned again. "I gotta tell you somethin'."
  "Hm?" she hummed, now a little confused when he pulled away.
  "It's important." he warned, sitting back on his legs, hers fell slack around him and she pushed herself onto her elbows.
  "Uh, okay, What's wrong?"
  "I mean, there ain't nothin' wrong, it's the fact that this feels so right. I know we were drunk, but I really meant every word that we said. I am still in love wit' you, and even more than before." he stated firmly, exhaling sharply once he'd gotten it all out. It was coming to the end of their trip in Los Angeles and Jack wanted to get his confession off of his chest before he chickened out when they got back to Atlanta. It was eating away at him, considering how close they were being with each other due to less watchful eyes.
  "Jack..." she sighed, contemplating for a moment. "I still love you too, if it wasn't already obvious." she scoffed as she admitted, more to herself it seemed.
  "Then, let's be together." he offered, leaning in to kiss her, she shied away.
  "Jack, it's complicated." she mumbled.
  "I'on think it is at all, you'on wanna be with him, so leave. I'm tired of us sneaking around, I'm tired of him hurting you. I know I ain't about to be no side piece, when I know yo' man ain't making you happy." he tilted his head.

  "Oh, so you just never have issues with side pieces, until it's you, huh?" she dryly replied.
  "What? And where the fuck is that coming from?" he pulled a face.
  "I ain't about to quote your music to prove a damn point, and the Shade Room already did the job with that girl and your scandal last year. What was her name, Madison, Addison?"
Jack's brows furrowed, "You talkin' like I'm fighting wit' you, Val. I'm telling you that I wanna be with you, what ain't you getting about that?"
  "It's the fact that you're not getting that it's complicated for me, Jack, I'm in a relationship—"
  "With someone that belittles you, hits you?! Look me in the eyes right now and tell me that you're happy, and I'll back off." His words silenced her, she couldn't even keep her eyes levelled with his, as she struggled to tell him what he wanted to hear.

Jack soon became impatient, taking her silence as enough of an answer, and he pulled away completely, sitting on the edge of the bed. His chest burned, he wasn't sure if it was anger, or sorrow, but whatever it was, it was hurting him like hell.

  "It's not that simple, Jack." she muttered, sitting up completely. They remained faced away from each other, as Val slid her legs over the other side of the bed.
  "Val, it's whatever—" he huffed.
  "I've tried." she interrupted, "I tried to leave after eighteen months, after finally listening to my friends. He beat me black and blue." Valerie swallowed hard. Jack slowly turned, staring at her dropped head of shame. She was afraid of him, Jack realised, afraid of being subjected to that again.

He didn't even know what to say, was there even anything that he could say that would be able to eradicate such suffering? Jack climbed across the bed, sitting beside her and pulling her into his arms. Val exhaled heavily, holding him tightly and hoping for her heart rate to settle.