𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝔦 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲

❝ 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ❞

𝔦 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲

𝕱𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖉𝖎𝖔 session early that same day, Jack thought that getting a glimpse of Val's new gig at her dance studio. He entered the building, inconspicuously being able to get past the receptionist without being recognised behind his square sunglasses, all-black ensemble and his strangely-convincing British accent, and strolling down the corridor until he spotted her through the glass.

She was alone in the massive dance hall, moving her waist like water to the hypnotic beat of "Wild Side" by Normani booming from the speakers. Being so focused, she failed to notice him slip in and watch her perform the routine from the corner of the room. Maybe lovestruck was the correct word to describe him, when it came to Val. He couldn't stop himself from smiling as his giddiness rushed to his thumping heart in his chest.

Once the song came to an end, Jack slowly clapped, it echoed across the walls. She whipped around, sighing heavily, "You scared the fuckin' shit out of me,"
"Now, that shit was fuckin' sexy." he replied, approaching her and giving her a bear hug. She hugged him back tightly, glad that his coolness was a comforting contrast to her disagreement with her uptight boyfriend.
"How long were you standing there?" she questioned sceptically. He glanced down at her with a small smirk.
"Long enough." Val playfully rolled her eyes and went to grab her water bottle.

  "What are you even doin' here?" she asked, taking a few sips. Jack wandered in a circle, before taking a look at himself in the room-length mirror.
"I finished up in the studio pretty early, so I did a lil' experiment and wanted to see how long it would take for someone to recognise me walkin' through the neighbourhood." he explained, making Val scoff.
"What's the score now?"
"Well, pretty low. That is, if you'on count me getting catcalled in the gayest part of Atlanta." he pouted, "Like, no lie, I really caught a glimpse of what it's like being a woman. One guy said, 'I like that walk, white boy', and, Val, I swear my whole fuckin' walk changed 'cause of how tight my ass was clenched; and you know I'on like running, but I was ready to book it."

Val screamed, bursting into hysterical laughter that left her wheezing. Jack couldn't stop himself from giggling either, covering his beet-red face.

"Bro, this is why I missed you for real, I'm in goddamn stitches." she said, barely able to catch her breath. She wobbled in her heels, as she continued to cackle lightly, and Jack just about got there in time to catch her.
"I'm glad you find my misfortune hilarious," he sarcastically replied.
"Nah, nah, walk for me, I wanna see yo' ass in those leather pants." she prodded cheekily, as she ran her hands down his hips. He snorted, crumbling into giggles at her delicate touch that made him tingle. "Come on, white boy."
"Stop!" Jack squeaked. He flapped her hands away and scrambled away, leaving her giggling.
"You do look good, though." she smiled sincerely, inspecting his Stone Island fleece zipped up to his neck, paired with his coated leather pants and white Air Forces. He met eyes with her in the mirror before shyly smiling and shaking his head.

The two soon finished up the studio, after Val packed everything up. She briefly mentioned her quarrel with Jevon, as she lacked any care in listening to his demands. When she nonchalantly explained it to Jack, he avoided telling her how fucked up that was, knowing that the last thing he wanted to do was to dictate her relationship that was none of his business.

They sat against the wall of the dance hall, talking about trivial matters. The conversation soon fell to Jack's music, where he excitedly explained working with Lil Nas X.
"I fuck with his message. I feel like I can resonate wit' him, 'cause you know how much people have underestimated me." he spoke, glancing over at her, as he fiddled with his Private Garden ring. Val nodded in agreement.
"Now you struttin' around in yo' shades like you Beyoncé." she chuckled.
"Nah, I be struttin' 'cause I'm Jack Harlow." he corrected, tilting his head at her before he grinned softly to himself.
"Okay, I rate that." she giggled. "So, do you know when he's releasing it?"
"We've got the layout set out, so we're definitely gonna get the song out in a few months. We've got the music video in the works too, and I want you to be in it." Val pulled a face. "If you want to. Nas said I can have whoever I want in it, and I want you."
Hearing those words from him made her breath hitch, it was unfortunate it wasn't in the context that she would've liked. She exhaled and erased those thoughts from her head, once she met his soft, hopeful stare.
"Do I gotta create a choreography, or...?"
"No, no, nothing like that. You just gotta bring yo' fine self." he shrugged. Val just about stopped herself from breaking into a smile.
"So, you got a recording I can listen to?" Val raised her eyebrow. "I ain't heard you raw, spit game in a minute."

Jack smiled, pulling out his phone and finding a rough copy of their recording session from last week. As he silently sang to the lyrics he knew off the top of his head, Val bopped her head to the rhythm, enjoying his smart word play in every bar he dropped. She couldn't stop a stank face from forming, as his flow switched on the beat.
"You are too dope, man. Honest to God, Jackman." she commented, as the song came to an end. All he could do was smile, as he gently blushed.
"Thanks. You gon' be in it for me?"
"Of course anything to help you out. That's definitely gonna leave a mark, just like you are." she answered earnestly. He turned his head to look at her properly, getting caught in a moment of an unbreakable trance.
"I got so much love for you, Valerie, you'on even understand. You've been by my side for a long time." he said, almost close to a whisper. She followed the movements of his lips to fully decipher his words; or, at least that's what she was telling herself.
"I still am." she replied.

He grinned, about to reply but the studio door opened. Jevon walked in, swinging his keys, and halted when he noticed Jack sat there with her. Val bounced onto her feet and drew her boyfriend's attention to her before he said anything else. Jack slowly stood, waiting against the wall for the appropriate time to speak.

His eyes remained focused on the ground, as the couple hugged tightly and Jevon longingly kissed Valerie. Jevon then pulled back, looking down at her attire and furrowing his brows.
"What about what I told you to wear?" he questioned. Val seemed to instantly shy away, pulling back.
"I was dancing, babe. You ain't gonna start this now." she tutted.
"I ain't startin' nothing, you just don't fucking listen."
Jack pouted in shock, finally raising his gaze. Val stared at her boyfriend with such disappointment that Jack could feel it in the air, alongside the tension that it left.

She sighed and glanced back at Jack, who couldn't remove the concern from his face, exhaling as she said, "This is Jack." He thinly smiled with his introduction, putting out his fist to spud him. "He's a old, close friend of mine." Jevon just gave him a nod, leaving Jack to have to awkwardly retract his friendly gesture.
"You're that rapper, right? Jack Harlot, or somethin'?"
"Harlow. Jack Harlow." he bluntly corrected, his attempt at being friendly quickly diminishing.
"Ain't that what I said?" Jevon scoffed, making Jack furrow his brows. Val placed her hand on her boyfriend's chest and shot him a dangerous glare.
"Harlow. Stop being disrespectful." she warned, turning back to Jack immediately and giving him a hug, he squeezed her waist tightly. "Don't forget to get me the details about the video shoot."
"Of course." he replied softly. He started making his way to the door, "I'll see you around." he smirked, giving her wink; just to piss him off.