𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

𝔴𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢

❝ 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 ❞

𝔴𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢

𝕼𝖚𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖌𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘 were over within the day, it became clear to Valerie that establishing an arrest for her abuse was proving difficult at the "lack of evidence", despite photos of her injuries. It made her mad, almost helpless, like speaking to the investigator was a waste of time anyway, that he never believed her in the first place. He failed to mention what was going to happen with Jevon but advised her to stay away from her apartment for the time being. Val stayed at Jack's house with Urban and waited for his call.

Harlow wasn't let off as easily, still being wrapped in a potential assault charge and ultimately failing to claim self-defense due to the injuries he inflicted on Jevon, even though CCTV evidence showed his retaliation to be justifiable. Luckily for his case, Jack wasn't charged, though only left with a hefty fine and an update to his criminal record. Unfortunately, it probably meant the same for Jevon.

As soon as Jack left the Atlanta Police Department with his lawyer and manager, Neelam, he immediately called Val.
  "Jack!"
  "Val, you okay? Are you safe?" he heavily sighed, relaxing into the car seat at the sound of her voice.
  "Yeah, I'm with Urb at the house. What's gon' happen with you, did they charge you?"
  "No, no. Just a fine, I think Jevon's getting the same in my case, did you... explain everything to the investigator?"
  "All he said was he'd look into it." she flatly replied.
  "Oh, Val." he exhaled, hearing the pain in her voice. "Don't worry, I'ma be there soon." he reassured, motioning for Neelam to step on the gas.

Jack and Val collapsed into a hug at the door, he squeezed her tight as he kissed her head. She was still trembling but he was so porud of her for finally telling her story. They sat in the living room and talked with mugs of hot chocolate about the best way to keep Jevon at bay while Jack isn't around.
  "The investigator didn't tell me much, he made it pretty obvious that they probably won't be able to do anything." Val further explained.
  "Shit outcome, but that's how it goes with most domestic cases; especially if he's got a clean record." Neelam interjected.
  "Pretty sure he does." Val verified.
  "There's still hope either way, though, not getting a domestic violence charge ain't stopping you from getting a restraining order." Urban chimed in, Jack nodded.
  "I hope so." she muttered.
  "Regardless, I'on think it's smart for you to go anywhere he might have access to you, that may also mean the studio." Jack stated.
  "Yeah." Val continued in her muttering state. That was certainly going to be difficult, she hated the fact that Jevon was stopping her from functioning normally.
  "The tour is starting soon too..." he sighed. He hated that he couldn't be here for her, such a dire situation like this, it was the worst case scenario to leave her on her own.
  "I'll be fine." she firmly said. "You got shows you gotta do, I ain't gonna get in the way of that." No matter how willfully she could have said it, it still left worry in the pits of Jack's stomach.

The next passing days were hectic—not only due to the increasing hype of the music video, but paparazzi pictures of Jack leaving the police station, with clear pictues of his busted lip, leaving media speculating what was going on. Jack liked his privacy so being badgered by questions of incrimations certainly felt like an invasion. It made all things being prepared even more difficult, as rumors began to fly by on social media.

Speculations that Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow got into a fight proceeding the song release, or better yet, an altercation occurred between Jack and his "mysterious female dancer", leading to aphysical fight? Depsite it all, Jack and Val had to ignore it, he flew out to the UK the next day, and she remained hauled up in their house until further notice.

With barely any word back from the police, who knew how long Val would have to remain hidden.