𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔶𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢

❝ 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 ❞

𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔶𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢

𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖜𝖆𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖜𝖆𝖞𝖘 so worried about making his birthday a big deal, but Urban definitely liked to make some noise. Renting out the largest booth in the club for this night, it was nothing but booze, weed and exotic women that would steer Jack's mind away from the fact that Valerie skipped right back to her boyfriend after seeking refuge at their house. It pissed him off for obvious reasons, but he refrained from making it an issue that affected his music-making—it wasn't his concern anyway, if she wasn't going to leave him.

Urban and Druski were going to make sure that Jack was busy for the entire night that he wouldn't be swayed to be thinking about Valerie; in doing so, they led one woman after the other to their booth for Jack to talk to. Some danced in his face, on his lap and even met lips with him. As much as Urban adored Val, he knew that his best friend would never get anything done with upcoming projects if he was always so consumed by her and the relationship they were more than certain that she was afraid to leave.

His attention was preoccupied for the most of the night, until his phone buzzed with Valerie's name on it. He gently smiled at the picture he sent him of her holding a large bottle of Hypnotiq with the caption, "Lemme make you another, roll throu'?" That was really enough to get him out of there, considering that he was also getting bored of the same conversations. Urban didn't question him, under the guise that he was simply going for a walk.

Valerie beamed when she opened the door to her apartment to find him leaned against the frame, she bit her lip and pulled him inside. Removing his trainers, he spoke, "Did you dress this nice just for me?" She spun around in the little, black mini dress she was wearing, the straps crossing her back matched the ones that wrapped her slender legs in her heels. She scoffed, circling the island and presenting her electric blue beverages in cocktail glasses.
  "As your birthday gift? If this is all you want, then I can give you just this." she shrugged.
  "No. I'll take anything more you got for me." he smiled, mesmerised by how much he loved her deadlocks pulled up into a high bun. Val proudly pushed the drink across the table.
  "Happy birthday."
  "This better than yo' first?" he raised an uneasy brow.
  "Just taste it." she rolled her eyes.

Jack pouted but lifted the glass, taking a small sip of the concoction. There was a sweet balance of liqueur mixed with the coconut rum and a sparkling fruit punch. Jack's brows rose. "I'm pleasantly surprised, ma. This is really good."
"Had to get your old favourite right." she sighed with relief. "I also just wanted to thank you and Urb for helping me a few weeks ago. Jevon and I have sorted it out." she briefly mentioned, Jack pursed his lips.
"As long as you're okay." was all he could bring himself to say, as it was obvious that she didn't want to talk about it either. Enjoying their cocktails and talking about the success of the release of the "Already Best Friends" music video, the two took their drunk selves back to the club.

Urban pulled a face when Val almost tripped trying to hug him. "Urby Wyatt!" she slurred.
"You good, Vee?" he laughed, holding her up. He cut his eye at Jack, after he promised he'd stay away from Val for the night, but he was too incoherent himself to notice.
"Dandy. These heels wanna see me suffer, though. Cool if I chill wit' y'all?" she widely grinned. Druski's brow peaked once he watched Val comfortably flop beside Jack, who looked to be in a world of his own, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders when she sat close.
"Is that who Grizzly was talkin' bout?" he leaned towards Urban.
"Yup. He looks like a fuckin' dog chasin' his own tail." Urban scoffed, watching the way his best friend's face glowed when talking to her. No other girl that they would bring to him would get his eyes off of Valerie.

Pulling him along with her to dance away from the booth, the two drunkards swayed as they tried to keep each other on their feet, so they held each other close. Valerie moved sensually to the music, moving her hips along his as she sang to the lyrics. Their eyes never parted, as she slowed her expert-like movements for him to keep up with her.
"You look so good right now." he said into her ear.
"Yeah? Tell me more." she whispered back to him. He tugged her closer, their bodies pressed against each other at this point. The crowd had swallowed them up at that point, all he could see was her in the flashing lights.
"That dress on you got me feelin' some type of way, too."
"How fast do you think you can get me outta this?" she challenged, he furrowed his brows.
"Don't play."
"I'm not. How fast, Jackman?" she slurred into his cheek. No matter how drunk, Jack knew that this was a dangerous game, but as she guided his hands down the small of her back, he bit his lip.
"You like playing with fire, don't you, shawty?"
"What's stopping you?" she teased, her hand was somewhere below his waist. He exhaled slowly, meeting her eyes that stared at him longingly. He now remembered exactly why he stopped drinking Hypnotiq.

In the club's blur, Jack's lips moved at a messy speed against Val's.