𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝔠𝔲𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔟𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔲𝔱𝔢

❝ 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄 ❞

𝔠𝔲𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔟𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔲𝔱𝔢

𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖚𝖘𝖙𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖆𝖙 Jack pulling on his white shirt that held his torso exceptionally well, her breath soon hitched when he ruffled his air-dried curls back over his forehead, separating them enough to create a fluffy afro. Val missed how tingly she would feel just watching him get ready, infatuated by such little things he did; like the way he gently brushed his beard into place, or the way he always made that smouldering face with a peaked brow.

His brows furrowed, as he glanced at her through the mirror, gradually smiling. "Enjoying the show?"
  "It's growin' on me, for sure. You definitely gettin' cuter by the minute." she replied, her head tilting with intrigue. Jack fell into a shy giggle, leaning back against the mirror to look at her. She stood from her seat on his bed and stopped just in front of him.
  "You feelin' a lil' better?" She nodded. "Your cheek?" he quizzed, tenderly placing his hand against the left side of his face. She leaned into it, as he stroked her cheekbone. It was certainly difficult to keep their distances from one another, as neither of them knew how close they could even get. Their eyes never once diverted from each other, as Valerie moved his hand down her neck, his thumb softly stroking her throat. She bit her lip.
  "You..." Jack faintly scoffed, entranced by the sex in her eyes. Val reached past him and picked out one of his coloured sunglasses that matched his beige jeans. She opened and placed them on his face, running her hands down his shoulders.
  "There. Think yo' cute ass just about reached your peak." she smugly grinned, finally stepping away. His hand slipped from loosely holding her neck, and he took a deep breath as he tried so hard to maintain some composure around her.

  "You got shit to do today?" she asked innocently, seemingly ignoring how flustered he looked for a moment.
  "Uh, I got a recording shoot for a Tiny Desk concert, but I gotta wait till Urb gets back. He's out gettin' you some Waffle House, I think, and cutting you a key to this place." he explained.
  "Damn, for real?" Val pulled a face, flopping back onto the bed. Jack sat beside her and picked a white pair of his endless New Balance trainers.
  "Yeah, you know Urban likes to be everyone's big brother, even though it was my idea to cut you the key." he shrugged, knotting his laces. Val fainted smiled. He tied his second lace before continuing, "I'on want you going home, if you don't feel safe there. You're always welcome here." he reassured, finally raising his blue eyes. "Ironic that I'm the one considered bad for you." he added lowly.
"He didn't mean it like that." Val heaved.
  "Kinda seemed like that's what he meant. But he be doing this shit to you so freely... Is that why he's always tellin' you to cover up, masking that behind people wanting to look at you?" Jack grew more angry as he spoke. Val's gaze remained on her hands.
  "He didn't mean it like that." she repeated. Jack heaved, knowing he wasn't making a difference. He stood up and straightened his shirt. "But I do wanna be in the video, I don't care what Jevon has to say. I wanna help you."
  "You not finna drop out in a few days again?"
  "I shouldn't have, in the first place." she firmly replied. "It won't change again." He took her hands and pulled her onto her feet.
  "Okay." he said with a small, satisfied grin.

As she gently smiled back, Urban shouted through the house, "Get ya' waffles, fuckers!"
  "Talk about elegant." Jack scoffed, stringing Val along behind him.