𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲

❝ 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ❞

𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲

𝖁𝖆𝖑'𝖘 𝖌𝖆𝖟𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 focused on nothing in particular, despite Jack sitting in front of her and trying to be of some comfort to her. It'd been a few days since the incident and Jack cancelled a long line of his shows to get back to her in matter of hours. He knew it may have been detrimental for his career but this was more important.

He held the second mug of coffee that she'd made up to her face. She was so nervous about the possibility that Jevon would find her again that she was downing caffeine to keep herself awake; so much so that Jack and Urban had to take turns sitting up with her. It was now three in the morning and Jack had started sipping on the hot drink himself.

  "I shouldn't have gone home, like you said," Val finally spoke up, Jack lifted his head and met her gaze that now stared at him.
  "Don't say that. You did nothing wrong." he responded surely. "He was keepin' tabs on you. If anything, it's the cops' fault for not listening to you the first time. It's my fault, even, I should've been here for you."
  "It's not your--" she frowned.
  "Well, neither is it yours, so don't blame yourself, Valerie." he interrupted.

They sat in silence for a long moment in the dark, both staring out of Jack's bedroom window at the empty sky. Despite his reassurance for her, he wasn't feeling any better. He'd never cried so hard until a few days ago, feeling absolutely useless in stopping what he witnessed happen to her. He now looked into her soulless eyes and guilt brimmed his heart. Cancelling his shows to get across the Atlantic Ocean wasn't even a question, even though a few people in his team that he spoke with on the flight back made it known to him that it was an obvious, bad decision in regards to his fans. But they didn't know how much Val meant to him.

Once he looked back over to her, she was watching him, her tired eyes said a thousand words. He lifted his hand gently to hold her face and she became rigid, hesitant to his touch. He pulled back, "Sorry," he whispered.
  "No..." she faintly muttered.
Before any more could be uttered, Urban lugged himself into the bedroom, scratching his unkempt mane of hair. "Oh damn, I would've thought y'all would've knocked out by now." he muttered. He plonked himself onto the bed behind them and tiredly huffed into the pillow. "You want me to take next shift? Yo' bags look heavier than what I lift in the gym."
  "I'm good for now, she wanted more coffee." Jack lowly replied.
  "Aww, Vee." Urban sighed sadly, sitting up beside her. Jack had warned him earlier not to touch her. It was hard for them both as they just wanted to shower her in love to forget about what happened to her, but they knew that it'd take time; especially since she was left with physical and mental scars.

With questioning done and the case certainly going to trial, Val wasn't looking forward to the next few months of continuous reminders. She sighed, sipping the cooling coffee, she gently smiled. The boys sat on either side of her in silence, just so that she wouldn't mentally self-destruct. She was grateful.
  "Don't worry, Val. We're here for you." Urban reassured.