𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝔟𝔞𝔡 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲

❝ 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ❞

𝔟𝔞𝔡 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲

𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖉 𝖍𝖎𝖘 head against his shoulder, as he stretched his arm around the brown-haired girl sat beside him. DJ Drama and his crew took Harlow out for another celebration for his album at Magic City in downtown Atlanta. His slightly-past-drunk self was struggling to concentrate on what the pretty woman beside him was saying, as his gaze remained focused on her pouty lips, as she spoke, while his fingertips stroked her shoulder.

  "Quick question, are you a cancer?" she squinted. Jack shook his head, beginning to delicately brush her hair from her face. "Okay, good, 'cause I'on fuck with them like that."
  "'Ight, so what about me?" he questioned, meeting her soft, green eyes. In all honesty, he just wanted to have someone in his bed tonight. He was so sexually frustrated after being so regularly in contact with Valerie now, and would kill to feel anything remotely close to what it would be like to be in bed with her again, even if it meant listening to this girl's Astrological drivel.
  "When's yo' birthday?"
  "Next month, March."
  "Oh, so you're a Pisces..." she hummed. Her eyes equally took a second to inspect the small grin that formed on his lips when he noticed.
  "Hm, and what does that mean?" he replied lowly as he leaned in.
  "That we can get along pretty well."
  "Yeah?" he muttered against her lips, to which she heavily sighed as her reply. Their kiss was short and sweet, as Jack's phone buzzed against his thigh. He pulled away and took it out of his pocket, and certainly ruined her night when he beamed at the sight of Valerie's name on the screen.

  "Uh, who's that?" she scoffed. Jack ignored her, standing and stumbling to somewhere hear Val properly.
  "Hey, shawty," he grinned.
  "Jack," she sighed, and he immediately grew concerned.
  "You 'ight, Val? What's wrong?"
  "You out right now? You slurring yo' words. Let me not disturb you, if you busy."
  "No, baby, I've always got time for you, remember, what's the matter? Are you hurt or somethin'?" he questioned.
  "Nah, I'm just sorry for the way Jevon was talkin' to you, a few days ago. I'on know why he was tryna rile you up." she heaved.
  "Hey, it's cool, Val, he seems like a real swell guy." he sarcastically replied. It was right to assume that Jevon probably figured out that the two had dated before, or maybe Val had mentioned it herself, but clearly it bothered him that they were back in contact. But Jack couldn't care less. She didn't seem happy with him, no matter what she was trying to make herself believe.

  "I also don't think I can be in your music video," she continued, catching him by surprise.
  "What? Why?"
  "Jevon said he don't want me doing that to corrupt my job at the studio." she explained.
  "Corrupt?" Jack pulled a face. "He thinks I'm bad for you, that I'ma corrupt you? What the fuck does that shit even mean?" As he began to get mad, Val tried to diffuse his temperament.
  "I'on think he meant anything bad by it, Jack." she reassured.
  "But you are dropping out, so explain it to me 'cause obviously you agree with him, Valerie. Is that what you really be thinking 'bout me?" he scoffed. The alcohol was fogging his cognitive logic, feeling his mouth moving with no control of the words falling out of it.
  "Jack, he's my boyfriend, he's just lookin' out for me." she heavily sighed. "I just don't wanna make him mad."
  "He's fuckin' controlling yo' ass, but whatever." he muttered, the call soon falling silent, as Val didn't even know how to salvage the conversation at this point.
  "Are you mad?" she timidly questioned.
  "Nah, I ain't mad." he exhaled. Just disappointed. "Look, Valerie, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later."
  "Oh, okay—" He cut the phone off before she could even say anything else, stuffing it back into his pocket and walking back to the booth he was sitting in with the girl that he didn't even know the name of. Thankfully for him, she was still there.

In one fell swoop, he pulled her from her seating and nodded to Urban that he was leaving. Urban's brows furrowed and he pointed at the girl, as though he disapproved of his decision. His best friend dragged him to the side and spoke into his ear, "I thought you were done wit' allat?"
  "Weren't you the one that said there ain't shit I can do about Val and I?" Jack retorted back. Urban's disappointment was painfully evident in his blue eyes; it seemed that it was a mutual feeling tonight. "I'll see you at home, dude."