𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌! This chapter contains scenes of 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞 and 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦 that may be disturbing and triggering to some readers. 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐝.

𝔶𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 𝔣𝔲𝔠𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔰𝔦𝔠𝔨

❝ 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊 ❞

𝔶𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 𝔣𝔲𝔠𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔰𝔦𝔠𝔨

𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖙 𝖚𝖕 from his position, as he tried to decipher what was going on from the sound. He threw his cover off of him and ran to Urban's room, shaking him awake and begging for him to call the Atlanta Police Department. He wasn't even sure if the call would work from all the way across the Atlantic Ocean, but he was desperate.

Val cried, as she fought against Jevon. He pinned her to the closest wall and pressed against her windpipe, she could barely breathe as she tried to pry his hands off. "You tryin' to hide from me? You think you can disrespect me and get away with it?" he slammed her against the wall again. It knocked the last bit of wind out her, leaving her choking against his grip.

She whimpered and squirmed, slapping his hands and pleadingly staring up at him. His eyes lacked every bit of love that he swore he had for her. "That bum ass rapper ain't got shit on me, he don't fuckin' own you, I do!"

  "Val!" Jack screamed over the phone, not knowing what else to do but pray that she'd be alright. There was a cacophony of noise from furniture being thrown around over his shouts at her, but he couldn't hear Val at all. His fear was settling in the more he could hear Jevon's grunts and punches.

Unbeknownst of Val throughout the entire day and partially through the few weeks that she'd been staying at Jack's, Jevon had been keeping a watchful eye on her, spying on her at work from a distance, following her during her errands and waiting to strike once she went somewhere private enough. He, himself, didn't quite know what he wanted to do when he was able to find her, but his anger and jealousy was fuelling his urge to throttle her.

She managed to escape from him, hyperventilating from her tears and shock, she wasn't even sure what to do at that point. He was on the over side of her couch, after smashing something heavy against his head, but he was closest to the door. "Jevon, please," she begged. "I love you, you know that."
  "Oh, you love me now, huh? You want me to believe that you love me when don't fucking listen to me? You wouldn't be all the way over there, if you loved me, you wouldn't have been in that sellout's music video, if you loved me. Now you confused, when I'm teaching you your lesson? Hiding from me and shit? Who the fuck do you think you are?!"
  "Please, baby..." she sobbed.
  "Get over here." he demanded.

  "Don't listen to him, Val!" Jack shouted from the phone. Both Jevon and Val's attention fell to her phone on the ground, he quickly stepped towards it, as Val fearfully hesitated. He lifted it up and the two men's faces came into view of the other. Jevon scoffed.
  "Of course. Of course, you got this cum cricket on the phone. Well, since he wanna fuck my girl—I said, get the fuck over here! You gon' watch me fuck her." he instructed connivingly. Jack couldn't contain the grim expression on his face, that soon fell into shock as Val soon came into view. She couldn't even slip past Jevon if she tried, she knew what it felt like to be bodied by his large physique and frankly having to experience anymore pain was the last on her agenda.
  "You're fucking sick." Jack spat, not knowing what else to do. Jevon just laughed.

He grabbed Val tightly, as he found a decent place to balance the phone, before manoeuvring her around. She struggled against him, failing miserably against him and being bent over the back of the couch. "Stop!" she sobbed heavily, her face buried in the cushions. Jevon stroked her backside and then slapped it hard.
  "You like that?" Jevon grinned. Jack's fists clenched, tears fogged his eyes but he couldn't bear to look away.

Jevon's live show was cut short when someone in the hallway entered the apartment. During the fighting, he'd thankfully forgotten to close the front door behind him, and two neighbours dashed in, pulling Jevon away from Val and pinning him onto the ground. Not long after, police were at the scene and took him away in handcuffs, covering a shuddering Valerie with a blanket and creating plans to get her somewhere safe.

By the time that she went to reach for her propped-up phone, Jack had hung up. He was on the next flight back.