𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝔫𝔬 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱

❝ 𝐍𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 ❞

𝔫𝔬 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱

𝕻𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕 𝖙𝖔 the curb, Val soon huffed, looking over to the building she had to endure another day of long hours inside. Her eyes floated over to Jack, who watched her through his favourite square shades with the tilt of his head. She stroked his chin gently, causing him to smile.
  "Am I gon' see you again tonight?" she quizzed.
  "Probably late, but I'ma make sure you do, I wanna make you dinner or somethin'. It's been a minute since I did some pretty shit for yo' pretty ass." he contemplated, fiddling with the drawstrings of his knitted hoodie.
  "You took me out last week, Jack," she pouted.
  "Yeah, way too long ago, baby." She chuckled at the sound of that, unbuckling her seatbelt. "Just wear something nice when you get back, I'll think of something." he grinned, she nodded, leaning in and slowly kissing him. He gently moaned against her, "You better go, 'cause I'm finna make you late, if we keep goin'."
  "I'on care enough for this job to wanna be on time." she huffed, obeying and pulling away after one last peck.
  "Nuh-uh, get out." he firmly demanded at that reply. She rolled her eyes playfully and climbed out.
  "See you later tonight." she smiled through the open window, he returned with a wink over his lowered shades.
She walked around the car and onto the sidewalk. As she waved overhead, Jack rolled his window down, "Yo' ass look great in those pants though, Val." he commented loudly. She glanced over her shoulder, sashaying for him as she continued towards the building. He smirked while enjoying the view until she was safely inside, before he started the engine.

Jack snapped back to reality, as the melody came to an end. He opened his eyes, struggling to come to terms with the fact that his daydream was nothing but his imagination from hearing the song that he wrote about her. He removed his headphones, as Bryson grinned and patted his back when Nemo confirmed that as their final take. They stepped out of the booth to howls and hoots from the three producers in the studio.

  "That had gotta be my favourite on the album so far. Shit really got me feelin' some type of way, on God!" Grizzly cooed, standing and slamming his arms around both the artist's shoulders.
  "Let me run it back real quick, then we should be done for the night." Nemo proudly smiled.
  "Where's that smoke?" Jack mumbled, dazed. After that vivid, imaginary experience, he felt like he'd only be satisfied if he spent the rest of the night stalking her—as if her social media would show that she thought about him the same way she would never seem to leave his mind.

He took a heavy hit, when Track passed the blunt to him, then slumped into the wheelie chair he was sitting in originally and passed it onto Bryson as he sat on the couch. Grizzly continued to talk about his long list of exes that he was missing. Then his attention steered to Jack.

  "Ay, Jack would fall at his ex's feet, he was lovestruck, for real." Grizzly recalled. Jack didn't interject, unhappy that she was considered to be his ex girlfriend when he knew he could never view her like that. They had just taken a "break", things would be back to how they were two years ago—he just needed the courage to tell her that he wanted it, instead of reinforcing it to only himself.
  "Y'all still talk?" Bryson quizzed.
  "Sometimes. We're both busy wit' a lotta shit, so..." he muttered. His mind wondered back to their break-up, it was intense but mutual. Long-distance wasn't for them, and opposing time zones just made it harder, since she moved out-of-state for Dance. Only keeping in contact every once in a while to congratulate each other's successes, he hadn't seen her in a long time.
  "That song was definitely all 'bout her, but he ain't gon' admit it." Track scoffed.
  "You figured it out, so I ain't got shit to hide." Jack shrugged, taking back the blunt.
  "You gonna tell us if you still love her, though?" Grizzly interrogated. Jack huffed, averting his gaze as he ruffled his curls.
  "No comment."
  "That's cool. I'ma ask Urban anyway." Grizzly smiled, exhaling his smoke. Jack rolled his eyes, knowing the extent of his best friend's restraint, and the lack thereof.