𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔡𝔦𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱

❝ 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 ❞

𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔡𝔦𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱

𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖙 his phone hesitantly, as his finger weighed over Valerie's number. Urban rolled his eyes in the backseat beside him, snatching the phone from his best friend's grasp.
"Oi!"
"You staring at yo' phone like you ain't already got one bad eye, dawg. You'on even wear your glasses so you got a few years till you the white Stevie Wonder." he scoffed, making Jack pout.
"I just ain't heard from Val." he muttered, trying to reach for his phone again that Urban moved further away.
"Val is a grown woman and she gon' look after herself. When has she ever asked you for help?"
"A lotta times, Urb." Jack huffed.
"No, she hasn't, Vee's always been independent and knows how to handle her shit. I thought that was what you liked about her." Urban scoffed playfully. "If she's not okay, she knows that you the first person she can go to, 'ight? I can use a break from your faces all mushed together anyway."

Jack rolled his eyes dramatically and forcefully snatched his phone back from Urban. It had been almost a week since they had returned to Atlanta, with the music video all wrapped up, and tremendously long since Harlow had spoken to Valerie since she went home. He had every reason to worry about her well-being, considering how unpredictable she had described Jevon to be.

Jack sulked as Urban sighed, "Look, man, your idea to get him arrested can only work if we've got evidence against him. Have you seen any marks on Val recently when she's shamefully cheating on him wit' you?"
"Now you ain't gotta say it like that... but a few, I guess? But she's darkskin, bruises aren't even very visible on her in general, let alone in the dark during sex." Jack muttered in response.
"Well, then you're just gonna have to ask her straight up." he shrugged, flipping his shoulder-length hair.
"I can't do that! She'd never agree to this, if we told her we've got plans to indict her man."
"I'm pretty sure she's lookin' for anything to get away from that man right now, bro."
  "But she defends him like she his mama." Jack huffed.
  "Well, obviously, wit' the way he's brainwashing her. Just let her know lightly, don't open yo' loose mouth and tell her the whole lot." Urban lazily waved his hand, as he spoke disapprovingly. "I know how you get wit' struggling to hold back details with her."
"I'on like lying to her." Jack pouted.
"You ain't lying, you're omitting. They different. This'll help her in the long run, don't forget that. Ain't nobody want her getting hurt by that guy anymore, especially you, dawg."

Jack fell silent for a moment, as the engine of the car was the only audible sound around them. He hated that Urban was always right and never failed at looking proud about it. "Then let me call her."
"Uh, no you ain't. You got an interview to be worrying about right now." Urban scolded. "So I'ma take that again." he snatched Jack's phone once again, causing the two friends to childishly quarrel for the rest of the ride.