Chapter 4

Edited: July 3rd, 2015
Tris's POV

We drive home. Zeke, Uriah, Tobias and I all live in the same house. Max provided it for us because 1) we needed a place to live and 2) so we are not alone. He wanted to keep us together. When we get home, I shower and change into an all black knee length flowy dress so I can hide my weapons. I also have some black boots. I strap a gun to my thigh and hide a knife in my boot and make them unnoticeable.

When I'm done, I see Toby in a nice black button up shirt, with some nice black slacks on. He has his back turned towards me. I run up to him and jump on his back. (I have shorts on under my dress.) He almost falls over, but sadly, he didn't. He starts jogging, not holding onto me to make sure I don't fall. I'm hanging on tight because I feel like I'm slipping. He's only holding me by my arms which are around his neck.

"Toby! I'm falling, put me down NOW!!!!" I yell, but I'm laughing too.

"Hey! You jumped on my back first." Point taken. I did, but now I have to get off. Well, I know how.

"Hey Toby." I say in a sweet, quiet voice.

"W-what?" His voice is a little shaky. He starts to walk, and I know he will let me down soon. I started to bite his ear again, like last time.

"Do you want to let me down now?" I smirk. He drops me immediately.

"I've got you wrapped around my little finger." I start laughing and he playfully pushes me.

We walk into the restaurant, hand in hand. I feel like my hand is on fire. Like electricity is flowing through my hand at his touch. No. Tris stop! You guys are on a mission and you need to think straight. We get to our booth and I start looking around. I've seen Peter before. He use to go to my elementary school. Let's just say he wasn't the best person back then. But I've only seen picture of the others.

Tobias' POV

When we walk in hand in hand, I feel like my hand is on fire. Tobias! Your focus should be on the mission, not on Tris. She's your best friend... Best friend. I shake my head to clear my thoughts. We walk to our booth and start looking for them. In school, Peter and his 'group' thought they we all badass and are the types of people who pressure others. Max believes that they are working for Jeanine and we need to keep watch.

"I see you guys are in diner. Very good. But you guys seem... Stiff. Your too quiet. But we have more information on them. They are still going to Divergent high. All we know is that we need to question Al. We believe he has recently robbed a bank. I'm assuming it's to pay for their supplies for Jeanine. You can't draw suspicion because your only high schoolers. If you just go up and arrest him, it'll be the news that spreads before school starts." Max was filling us in on what was going on. We can't actually do anything to them since we are suppose to be undercover and all.

"We are sending backup agents over but you have to place a mic by their table so we can hear their conversation. Four, pretend to go to the bathroom. Six, you will write down a fake number on a napkin and sent it on the table. As you walk by, put the mic on the edge of their chair. It matches the color and is super small. The waiter is under cover too so she will bring your mic. After that, make sure Al doesn't leave too soon. Other than that, enjoy your little date."

As we were listening. The waiter came with the mic and Tris already wrote down a fake number. I get up and walk towards the bathroom. I see Tris go to their table, and everything is set.

As we were almost done eating and talking, Max starts talking again.

"Guys! Get out of there as fast as you can. There's a group on their way to collect people. But Jeanine sent them. We are sending the back up in."

As we are driving away, I see a black car drive by and wait in the back.