Chapter 14

Edited: December 31, 2015. Happy New Years Eve!

Tobias's pov

(Saturday) I wake up next to Tris. She was worried about the note. If we do this mission, we can be putting her in danger. The mysterious person maybe be watching her every move and know exactly where she is if she does it. However, she still wants to do it anyways, because she is brave and strong. It's finally the weekend, so we are going to the HQ to work on this case. Tris starts to wake.

"Hey."

"Hi, how long have you been up?" She said while turning to face me.

"Not long, just thinking about today." We just sit there looking at each other. Her eyes are mesmerizing. They twinkle with hope, that we can do anything, as long as we try. A strand of hair falls in her face. I gently tuck it behind her ear, and lean in, connecting our lips. Our lips move in sync. Her soft, warm lips against my own.

I tug on her bottom lip, slipping it between my teeth. A small moan escapes, but her lips separate. I hover over her while I slip my tongue past her lips to explore her mouth, and she does the same. We are too caught up in the moment to realize the others woke up. We hear a click and a flash.

"Dude, I told you to turn off your sound and flash!" A voice whisper yells. I recognize that voice, Zeke.

"Sorry, but hey! We got the picture didn't we?" Uriah...

Will fake sniffles. "He finally asked her out! They grow up so fast." The others crack up laughing.

"Shut up." I say playfully. "Come on, we got work to do. I'll go make some breakfast, you go get rea-." I begin to say but she cuts me off.

"I think I want Zeke to make us breakfast. He did lose the bet after all." I smile remembering the bet him and Uriah made with us. Zeke grunts and leaves to the kitchen.

Tris' pov

After Zeke leaves, Will and Uriah look at us. Silence.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Since when did this happened? I'm your brother you should've told me." Uriah whines.

"Before PE on Thursday. Why?" Why do they need to know? "And I'm so sorry my wittle baby bwother." I say in a baby voice. The others snicker, then Will hands Uriah some money.

"Did you really place bets on us?" Tobias asks, not really surprised.

"Yeah, I said it would be before the weekend, Will and Zeke said after the weekend. Then I said we'll catch you guys kissing on a weekend and they said at school. It was them against me on everything I said. I just guess I know my sister all to well! I got $20 from each, (Will and Zeke), since the date was Thursday, and $30 each since it's the weekend. I made $100! Haha suckers." Uriah explains. "Zeke! You owe me $50! ZEKE!" I hold out my hand and he gives me a $20. I smile. He knows me so well.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever, I heard you." Zeke yells back

"Thanks!" I reply to Uriah.

"Only because we made the bets off of you." We all get ready and eat. After we eat, we head to the HQ. I hop on Uriah's back to carry me up the stairs while Tobias hops on Zeke. I love winning bets. Will goes an analises the knife and note for finger prints, and the blood. The knife prints matches the blood samples we got from by the window. It lead us to some girl, about our and Robert's age. Her name is Amanda. (random name) Her address is 1372 Abnegation Lane . We drive other there and knock.

"H-hi. How may I help you." she's trying not to cry. She also had a broken arm, why?

"Hi. We would like to ask you some questions." We flash her our FBI badges.

"Okay. Come on in." We walk in and she leads us to her couch. On her mantle, I see a picture of her and Robert. They must've been dating... That's why she's crying.

"So, we are here because we found your finger prints on the knife that was in Roberts back. And also found some drops of blood on his kitchen floor and out his window." She starts to cry again.

"Here's what happened. Robert was suppose to take me out that night. He was late, so I walked to his house. Mines down the street from his. I got there, he was fighting with someone. I walked in, and this person broke my arm and gave me a bloody nose. I grabbed a knife to defend us but this person knocked it out my hands. He picked it up. Before he could do anything else, Robert got in the way and told me to run. I ran down in the basement since the door was the closets and climbed out the window. My nose was dripping and I think that's why there was blood in the kitchen and window. I ran next door, and called the police. I dropped my purse upstairs with my phone and money. I guess he took it. I called them, told them where Robert lived, and when they got there, he was.... Was... Was d-dead!"

She starts crying a lot now. I went over to here, and held her while she cried. She was finally able to talk, trying to hold it in.

"And I can't remember who the intruder was. I was in shock, I didn't know what to do when I walked in the house. We had been going out for 2 months, and it was our anniversary." She said. Tears where silently rolling down my checks. Robert was my only other best friend before we left.

"But when I was running, I thought I seen something through their parents window when I looked back. They looked as if they were tied up. I though I was imagining things because they we suppose to be out the house before Robert left for our date. I didn't even think that the intruder got to them before anyone left. I was in too much pain, and wanted to call the police, thinking Robert could hold on just long enough. ITS ALL MY FAULT! I should've helped, grabbed another knife or something. I could've saved them." She whispered the last part, and only I could've heard her, that's when she lost it. She was full-out crying, not trying to hold it in any longer. A steady stream of tears are rolling down my checks. She went to so much pain. Physically and mentally.

After that when she calmed down, we stayed with her for a while. We helped her around the house, and comforted her. Around 4, we left. I gave her my number, just in case she found something, or there was some suspicious activity around the neighborhood. We left, and I let Tobias drive and I went to the passenger side because I still had tears in my eyes. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, giving me comfort.

I wonder what my parents would do right now... MY PARENTS! What if they haven't heard yet. I frantically looked for my phone. When I got it, I called my mom.

"Hey honey, how are you?"

"H-hi mo-mom. Ummm, I-I just want-Ted to ask y-you if you heard a-about Rob-Robert and his family?"

"No. What happened, please tell me their okay?!" She said worriedly.

"I'm sorry mom. Robert I-is de-dead! And his f-family went missing. But w-we are on the case. I also got this note." She started to cry on the phone. She put it on speaker so my dad also heard what happened. I read it out to them, since I took a picture if it just in case it get destroyed, and sent her the picture of it.

"Honey, this isn't g-good. You can't let anyone know wh-who you are. Just keep your name as S-Six. Okay?" I say okay. You can tell she's trying to hold it in. I explain what Amanda told us. We talked a little after, and soon, we were at our house so we said goodbye.

We get inside and Tobias holds me close. I silently say my goodbye to Robert, and promise that I'll find his family. The others come and give me comfort too. Zeke and Uriah know how close Robert and I were. Will, is just being an understanding, great friend.

I sigh. "Guys, we need to take a break, maybe invite everyone to go do something. What do ya say?" I ask Tobias, Zeke, Uriah, and Will.

Zeke, obviously understanding that I need a break says, "how about paint-balling?" We nod vigorously, we all LOVE paintball. He texts everyone and they agree. We got change, and we leave to meet up with everyone.