Chapter 29

Tris' pov

I begin to open my eyes, still remembering what happened. I try to move, but I really can't. They ties Uriah and I back to back. Mistake number one. Then tied our feet together individually. Like my feet are tied together, and his are tied together, just not attacked to mine. I don't know if Uriah's awake. I nudge him with my shoulder, and he nudges back. I do it again, and so does he. We have a nudging war while laughing.

"Would you guys stop being so childish?!" His voice sounds familiar. Wait...

"Peter?" Uriah and I simultaneously, looking right at him, (in disbelief). We look at each other, as much as you can from this position, and laugh.

"Shut up! Okay finally. So, we just need one thing, and we could be done here. Since you already know about they key, I'll just ask. Where's the key and nobody gets hurt. Well that's a lie but it just won't be as painful. Either you know, or you friends know. We will get that key. Stop the car really quick." Peter hopes out and places a sheet of paper on the ground, with a rock on top so it doesn't blow away.

I look around the van we are in, trying to see who else is in here. As I'm looking, I see two other familiar looking people. Is that Eric? And Luke?

Uriah not being able to close his mouth, brings me out my thoughts and asks, "What's that?"

"Well you see, we know they will track you eventually. So we'll stay here for a bit, until we know for sure, then drive somewhere else, where we blocked anyone trying to track you. We left them a note, to make it look like a set up." Why didn't they just shut off the service too? Man these stupid. I know Uriah is thinking the same thing, I just shake my head at him so he knows not to bring it up. After a while, we move again, but since we are sitting at the back of this van, the windows are painted so we can't see. We continue for like 10 minutes.

"64 bottles of beer on the walls, 64 bottles of beer! Take one down, pass it around. 63 bottles of beer on the wall." Uriah has been singing this since the number 99. You can tell Peter is about to explode and it's funny. I honestly think Uriah doing it just to get on Peters nerve. Once we stop, Peter runs out.

"Thank you! I couldn't stand being in there anymore. I can't take it. Why can't they ever shut up!" He complains while laying on the ground, hitting his head lightly on the ground to prove a point. Uriah and I laugh at Peter. "And their constant laughter! Like they're being KIDNAPPED! Who laughs?" He continues his little temper tantrum. Four people come around to get us. Two grab our legs, and the other town carry us on our sides. It's like they're holding a stack of wood, while we act the the wood. After many turns and stairs in the building we've come too, we are dropped in a room. Mistake number two, not tying us to anything. We are sitting back to back again, against the wall. Peter comes back in.

"So, we are giving you guys a week to hand over the key. Either one of you will say where it is, or one of your little friends. You'll get two meals a day, one for each, and we will get the information out of you guys one way or another."

"How are you out of jail? You're suppose to be in there for years! You're bail was like hundreds of thousands of dollars!" I almost yell. He shouldn't be out of jail.

"Took you long enough to ask. And I know someone who would pay for me to get out as long as I get the key. So here we are." And he leaves. Uriah and I sit in silence for a moment.

"Uriah, no matter what, don't say where it is. We need to make it believable that we don't know where it is. Let's hope Will explained everything and are looking for us now. Uriah, I love you like a brother, you know that?"

"Don't worry I won't. And yeah, I think they are, since they seemed to track us. And I love you too sis. But let's not be all sappy right now." I laugh.

"Don't worry, I won't. Just getting that stuff out the way now." Before I can continue, Eric comes through the door. Who has that kind of money to bail people out!?

"Hello Uriah. Hello Six, no wait, Tris. Or should I say, Beatrice." Uriah starts to laugh.

"Beatrice! Your names Beatrice!? I-"

"If you want to live if we get out of here, I advise you to stop." He immediately stops.

"B-Beatrice is a lovely name. So nice, that I'll want to name m-my daughter after you." He acts scared. But I ignore his tone of joking. "That's what I thought." He nudged my shoulder again. I roll my eyes and the nudging war starts again.

"Now I know what Peter was saying." He whispers to himself. "Just sit still for 5 minutes then I'll leave okay?" He says like he's talking to little children.

"Never knew you could be so gentle." I say under my breath. Uriah starts to snicker, I guess he heard that. "Well start with you Beatrice-"

"Tris. Since Uriah already knows my name, call me Tris."

"Whatever. Tris, we'll start with you. Where is it?" He demands.

"I don't know. I don't know if anyone has it, or if it's hidden. I've never seen that in my life, besides the pictures!!" I yell lying, without showing it. He slaps me for yelling. He slapped me!

"Ow! Why did you do that. IM TELLING YOU THE TRUTH!!!!!" I yell. He kicks my side. I groan. The only thing preventing me from falling over is Uriah.

"Dude, was that necessary! She doesn't know where it is. I don't know where it is. WE. DONT. FREAKING. HAVE. IT!" He gets slapped to.

"Don't yell at me. And I'll decide if you are telling the truth. I'll be back." With that he leaves.

"Si-Tris! Are you okay? I can call you Tris right?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just hurts a little. And go ahead. Just not Beatrice." I think for a moment. "Uriah, do you think he will use the truth serum. You know, to make sure we're telling the truth?"

"Yeah. He's probably getting that now. Um Tris, can, can I say something?" I nod so he can finish. "I-I'm Divergent. You know, I, I can resist the serums." He whispers.

"Me too, Uriah. Me too." I feel him squeeze my hand, in a brotherly way, like him saying we'll be okay. "You know how ironic it is that we go to Divergent High, but we are Divergent?" He chuckles.

"Yeah. I thought about that before. But I think it's because people don't know about Divergents. But that means we need to resist the truth one. Answer them all truthfully, even if you don't want to, so that it looks believable. Then when he asks, say you don't know. Kay?" Sounds good enough. I move to try and get move comfortable, but groan, because my side hurts a little. Before we can say anything else, Eric comes back. He inserts this liquid into both of us. After about a minute, he begins to ask questions.