Chapter 22

Tris' pov

I open the door and send Zeke in. If we do find anything or anyone, we can't bring them out right now. Who knows if Peter and Eric are armed?! When it opened, there was a staircase leading down, and a faint light. When Zeke goes in, we shut the door and bookcase. We have to stay in there until Zeke texts us to let him out.

Tobias sits on the bed while I pace. I can't sit still. What if they are down there? What if Zeke gets trapped or something? I should've went down there. I wish I could know if they were there or not. I can't help but feel that if we don't solve this soon, I might end up wherever they are too. When I get nervous, I can't sit still.

"Will you stop pacing please? Zeke will be fine. Just, Just take a seat and breath." He said while pulling me so I sit down in his lap. I start to bounce my right knee up and down, and he places a hand on it to keeo to from moving.

"What if something happens to him? What if they are down there? We can't do anything about it right now. What if-" I get cut of by Tobias's lips.

"He will be fine. He has his phone, we know where he is. He'll tell us if anything goes wrong. We'll come up with a plan. We just need to make sure they are okay and see if they are even here. Calm down okay? It's going to be fine." I sigh and nod my head. I hope everything is okay. We just spend this time talking, 'drinking' and of course, kissing.

Zeke's pov

Six opens the door for me. What kind of person has this kind of sceret door? There is something wrong with this boy (Peter). There are stairs when you go through the door. I walk down the stairs. I step down quietly, just incase someone is down here. There is barely any light. I get to the bottom, and turn right.

I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing. Mr. and Mrs. Black, and Susan were tied up to chairs, but not just with ropes. With chains too. The chairs were bolted to the ground. They were sleeping, hopefully. I check their pulses and sigh in releif.

I took a good look around the place. There were boxes of colored liquids. They almost look like the serums were create in scien-. They are! I remember when Six told us how the teacher had Peter and Eric clean up afterwards. There were empty bottles around the Blacks.

Behind where they are sitting, was a board. It had a table on it. Different columns labled with serums, fear, peace, parazlying, etc. ANd there were three rows, Susan, Mr. Black, and Mrs. Black. I start to take pictures of everything when i hear movement. I duck behind some boxes. I come out when realizing it was Mrs. Black waking up.

We stare at each other for a while. I snap out of my daze and explain to her what's going on. I can't excatly help them excape. I don't have anything to cut the chains, or to break the bolts. I took out the water bottle and gronola bar I brought with me. I feed her and give her water.

We talk ever so quietly. I look around they room as she explains what happened, and spot a camera n the corner. Damn! I show her and she sighs.

"I forgot about tht. Crap... We can't talk very loud. It oicks up loud voices, not quiet ones. Everytime they talk about something private or something they just want us to know, they whisper. Do the same." She informs me.

Mrs. Black has explained what happened since they were kipnapped. Peter or Eric were using them as test subject. They took the serums we had from school, and used them. If they weren't strong enough, or didn't work, they would write it down, and I guess tell the teacher/ their boss. Then she would have us make more and fix the mistakes.

I recorded everything she told me, and sent all the information to Six and Will. She's been thinking of ways to get out, and tells me her ideas. Although she doesn't know where the camera is sending the informatio I type them in my notes, and tell her when I will be back with help. I text Six and tell her I'm done. I hate to leave them just like this, but we don't have the right supplies or anything. At least we know where they are now.