Chapter 27

Tris pov

As I start to wake, I hear people talking.

"What happened? Why won't you tell us anything!" I recognize that voice as Zeke.

"Because she specifically told me not to. That she wants to tell you herself." Uriah says, sounding annoying. I hear some more bickering and I've had enough. I slowing open my eyes and sit up.

"Will you guys ever SHUT UP for like two seconds?!" I say to everyone. They look at me.

"She's awake!" Yells Uriah. "Thank goodness. They wouldn't stop bothering me."

"So do you want to explain then?" Tobias asks.

"I'm fine thanks for asking." I say sarcastically. "And its a long story." I explain to them about the key. That's why Luke was after me. How I'm the one who knows where it is. Well besides Uriah when I showed him so I can test it, I didn't mention that. But I didn't say where it as or that I tried it. I said I fainted because the information was overwhelming and hit me all at once. Only Uriah knows where it is, well out of our group that is, but no one knows that. I tell them that the location changes every month, that Max informs me where it is.

"So, where is it?" Marlene asks.

I share a look with Uriah. He still has it. We didn't want them to find it on me.

"Max hasn't told me where it is, not yet anyways. I don't have it. I don't know exactly where it is." I answer honestly. 1) he hasn't told me where it is because I know where it is. 2) I don't have it, and 3) I don't know exactly where it is, if Uriah moved it to a different pocket. Therefore, I didn't lie and Christina can't say I'm lying. I look over to Uriah and he gives me a small smirk, knowing what I did. We fist bump, and everyone looks looks at us funny.

Uriah comes up with an alibi. "We remembered how she fought Luke. That was awesome." I smile to make it believable. Everyone starts to go back down to find more things, except Zeke and Tobias, who hold Uriah and I back. We both sigh.

"I don't believe that you don't know where it is." Tobias says to me.

"I don't know exactly where it is." I respond. Uriah and I are standing shoulder to shoulder, so. We secretly fist bump behind our backs. Uriah and I can't really be serious right now. Uriah then slips the key into my back pocket.

"Uriah, I know you know where it is. Tris would've told one of us. Do you have it?" Uriah responds the exact same way as me. Zeke and Tobias turn around, talking to each other. I swiftly put the necklace in a compartment in my shoe. No one ever looks there. Its covered perfectly. While they talk, Uriah and I do the same.

"Why can't we tell them? Why did you only tell me?"

"Because you were there when Luke was after it. I felt that you needed to know why you were defending/protecting me. And because Max specifically told us not too. Unless he changes that, we aren't allowed. I really want to, but I think they'll want to hide it, so no one is in danger. But I'm the only one who can open it. They'll eventually come looking for me, since my finger prints are on it. I'll ask Max, since everyone already knows about it. I hope they're not mad..." I say to Uriah. He nods in agreement.

After a few minutes, they turn around.

"If you guys find it, you would tell us right?" Uriah and I just nod and say yes. They proceed down to finish investigating.

"I feel, actually I don't know what to feel. We told them we would, but we can't. They're going to be pissed, since we didn't tell them." Uriah groans after saying this. I sigh.

"I'm going to call Max. I mean, they are in this investigation too, they should know. We could be putting them in danger, if they do know though. We need to tell at least Zeke and Four. They were here longer than the others." Uriah lets me use his phone, since it was already out. I step out into another room, a bathroom. I call Max, explain the situation, and he says we can tell Zeke and Tobias only. And maybe Will, since he's helped us too, almost from the beginning when Uriah and I got here. And since they were suspects too.

I walk back to Uriah, and ask him to get Zeke and Tobias. We'll explain to Will later, so he can put a tracker of us just incase. They come back up a few moments later. I'm really nervous to tell them. I know they'll be angry, for not saying anything sooner. What if- my thoughts get cut off when they enter the room.

"So, Six, you want to explain?" Uriah starts off. I roll my eyes at him.

"So we know where the key is-"

"Where? We need to find it before it gets into the wrong hands." Zeke exclaims.

"It wasn't found here, I have it. Uriah just helped me keep it a secret." Before I can explain any further, Tobias interrupts.

"What!? Why didn't you say anything? Why did you lie to us? Why wouldn't you say anything?"

Uriah tries explaining. "But we didn't have a cho-" Zeke cuts him off.

"Are we not trustworthy enough for you Six? Was Uriah the only one you could trust? Was that why you guys were smiling and fist bumping? Is this a joke to you? You are putting people in danger since others are trying to find it. I can't be with you guys right now." Zeke storms out the room and house.

"Since you guys have so much trust in each other more than us, try this on your own for a while." Tobias follows Zeke. The rest of the gang come up.

"What's with all the yelling?"

" I told them something and they got pissed and left." I explain. Shauna says she's going to find where they went. But she's taking the girls with her, since they rode together, and it'll be easier to find them with more people. Will stays with us.

"Will, we are telling you what we told them. But you can't interrupt, no matter what okay?" We don't need him storming off too. He nods, and I explain everything. From what happened with Luke long ago, to how I work the key. And to why we couldn't say anything.

"Do you see why we couldn't tell others? If they truly don't know, other people will know they won't have a clue, and move on. It puts them in less danger. And Uriah only knows because he was the one who saved me. We only thigh it was funny because we didn't lie. We didn't think they would explode like that. They won't even let us explain everything!" I start rambling on.

"I understand. I would be mad at first too, but you guys weren't allowed to because of Max. I get that. Maybe if I explain, they'll listen, since they know I didn't know either. should I?" Will says.

"Yeah. Thanks for helping and understanding. They even think we should finish this by ourselves. We really did want to tell them, really. But, ugh! Why can't they listen? And yeah, if you could, explain. They'll listen to you more right now. we will finish here. Take the car. We'll catch the bus or something."

"Are you sure? It's getting late."

"Yes, we are trained FBI. I think we can get home safely." He chuckles a little and walks out. But told us we need to call when we get home.

"Uriah, what are we going to do first?" I just want to get this over with!

"I don't know and me too. Before you ask, you thought out loud. "We laugh and head down to finish looking for other secrets and stuff. We start searching through everything and head back into the lab room. I faintly hear footsteps.

"Finally, they're back! I just want to leave this place already." Uriah says. We hear them come down.

"Hey guys! We just need to finish searching this lab room and we are done." There's no reply. I look over to Uriah, who noticed the same thing. The small door that we use to get in and out of this lab room closes. We run to the door, and try to open it. It's being blocked.

"Haha very funny guys. Let us out. We're sorry. Just open up." Uriah tries to reason. We hear a button, and something drops from the ceiling. It's knockout gas. What?

"Guys! Open up! Hurry!" We start shouting. The gas starts to fill up the room. We cover our noses with our shirts, knowing it will only help by like 2 minutes. We hear the door open, and about 10 people wearing all black and gas masks come in. Before we can fight back, Uriah and I pass out. All we know is that they aren't our friends, and we don't know who these people are.