Chapter 13

Edited: December 28, 2015 I know it's late but Merry Christmas!

Tris' pov

He's dead. That's all I can think of.

"W-what happen-ned?" I manage to choke out.

"The Blacks were part of the FBI as well. Or at least their parents were. They brought an illegal drug dealer to jail and he sent people after the Blacks. In order to find them and get revenge, they had to find their kids. They found Susan, and took her. She wasn't with their parents at the time, so they looked for Robert. They attacked him at their house, and his parents came out their room. There were too many people for the Blacks to fight. After Robert died, they took the rest of the Blacks and disappeared. We need you to go to the crime scene, and find some evidence. When it happened, who it was, anything. Will, you will come with us and work in the HQ with Caleb. Any information they have they will bring to you and you can analyze it. Save it to the computer, do background checks, whatever they need. You guys will go out in pairs, Zeke and Uriah, and Four and Six. Come to me with any problems. Oh, and Hana will take care of school. If you find something, or need to leave to go back to the scene, just tell the teacher that the principal let you leave." Then he left.

Tobias brings me into a hug. Robert was one of our childhood friends. Him and Susan. I wonder how Caleb will react. Him and Susan loved each other. As I think this, he texts me.

C- hey, I heard about the Black family. Please find them
T- I will

"We have to find them, for Robert." I say quietly, as we hug again.

"I know, we will. We will find them." After that, we all head inside to change. We have bullet proof vest, because there could be someone waiting for us there. We hide some knives and grab some guns. After that, we head to the Blacks house. We go up to the door. Breathe, in and out, in and out.

"Zeke and Uriah take upstairs, and Four and I take this level. When we are done, all of us will go to the basement. Okay?" They nod. Tobias and I start with the living room. No evidence. We look around and find nothing. Then we head to the kitchen.

On the floor, there are drops of blood. Like if someone had a bloody nose, or a cut. Robert tried to fight back then. I put on gloves and use a scraper to scrape some off the floor and put it into a small baggy. I put that into a duffle bag, to hold all the evidence. Zeke and Uriah didn't find anything upstairs. We all head downstairs.

When we get all the way down, I see something I wish I hadn't. Robert lies lifeless, cover in blood in the middle of the basement. I guess they left the body for us to inspect. I gasp, and the others look to where I'm looking. I push back any tears threatening to come because I need to help find his family. That's what he would've wanted.

I go over to him, and see something shiny, but very tiny sticking out his stomach. It's barely noticeable.

"Hey guys! Help me flip him over please?" They look at me like I'm crazy, but help me anyways, after putting on gloves of course. Once we do, I see a knife in his back. I carefully remove it, and place it in a small bag to put with the rest of our evidence.

"Wow. How did you know that was there?" Zeke asked me.

"I seen something poke out his stomach, so we flipped him over. Now we can look for finger prints." They nod and we continue to look. We find some more blood on the window, like someone escaped from there. We take samples of that too. I find a small note, barely visible sticking out from the rocks by the window that said to Beatrice. WTF? I slip that into my pocket for later. We finally done and take the samples to HQ, I talk to Caleb, we pick up Will, and head home. I open the note:

Dear Beatrice,

We know you know, I mean knew Robert. You guys are friends, I mean were. As in past tense. Like the surprise?! His and your parents killed mine! I will find you, I already found Robert AND his family. Your next. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe in a few years. Maybe we already have an idea where you could be. And don't even try to find finger prints, you won't. I would try to make a deal, but you have nothing I want, except for revenge, your death. I hope you would find this because your very careful, very skeptical when it comes to evidence. We may not know exactly where you are (maybe we do?), or what you look like. People change, what can I say? But we didn't know where the Blacks were either. It took a few years, but it was worth it. I will avenge my parents by getting what is dearest to The Priors' and the Blacks', their children. I'm hoping you find this, or if someone who knows you will give it to, if they know what's good for them. Don't worry about the Blacks, they're... Let's just say 'safe with me'. For now.

-pay back is a b*tch

I let out a small gasp. We NEED to find them. And fast, I feel like we don't have much time. When I was looking at the the note, I didn't realize I was sitting in the living room with the guys. They all look at me confused. I give the note to Tobias, and he reads it out loud. They have a determination look in their eyes too.

We decided everyone was sleeping in one room, mine since it's the biggest. I lay down, and Tobias comes and lays next to me. I snuggle into him, while he holds me.

"We'll figure this all out, don't worry Tris. Go to sleep." Tobias whispers softly. I just slip into a dreamless sleep.