Chapter 25

Tobias' pov

Every time the belt hits, I can feel the blood roll down my back. I'm not going to scream out loud though. I see Tris struggling to get out along with Zeke. I keep telling myself if he keeps hitting me, he's not hitting Tris, that's all I care about right now.

Around the 14th hit, I don't feel it anymore. I'm confused. I look over to where I hear a cry in pain. Tris! Everything happens so fast, all I see is Tris blacking out. This enrages me. How dare he hurt her! While he's laughing, I gather all the strength I have left to fight Marcus back, for Tris. I grab a metal pole from the corner of the room and hit Marcus in the head with it. I untie Zeke, and he cleans my back really quick, while I help clean up Tris' wrist and try to get her to wake up.

Eventually, she wakes up, but she's just slightly dazed. Zeke breaks open the door, and we go through the house looking for the Blacks. We find them in another room, in the same condition we were when we woke up. There were the other people in there, and we shot them, and tied them up. We try to escape, but all the doors are locked and barricaded from the outside.

Tris' pov

I call Uriah and tell him what happened. I told him to end the party and gather up the gang and come to Peters house, but lock up or tie up him and Eric. We are still trying to get out, but it's no use. We can't call the headquarters or Max, or anyone really agents.

Uriah and the others are outside. I can't believe they didn't check for our phones while we were tied up. Ammatures. I did hide mine in the bottom of my shoe, but still. There's a buzz and I check the message from Uriah.

U-hey we are going to need you to back up. We can't move anything, there's too much and it's too heavy. We are going to blow up the entrance so.... yeah. Might want to move to a safe distance.

I tell the others to back up. When we are getting to a safe distance, Tobias trips and falls onto his back. He landed on some leftover legos on the floor. Why do they have legos in the first place? They hurt when you step on them. I turn my attention back to Tobias. He doesn't scream, but he looks like he is about to. He tries to get up but just groans. His wounds started to bleed again. Marcus didn't hold back this time when he was beating him. I inwardly shutter at the thought.

On instinct, I run up to him and help him up. We are almost where the Blacks and Zeke are when the explosion goes off. The door blows up too, and I feel instant pain. A stray piece is wedge into my calf. I can feel the blood run down my leg and I drop to the floor because I can stand on it any longer. I cry out in pain, no matter how hard I tried to keep it in.

The Black are helping Tobias while Zeke helps me. He tried to take it out, but it's in there too deep. Uriah and Will come through the door and see us. They grab Tobias and Zeke pick me up and we head to the car. Shauna is driving us to the hospital. When we arrive, they put me under sleep so they can surgically remove it. I slowly fall into deep sleep.

***

When I wake up, I'm on my stomach with my rug leg on a pillow (the one that got the piece stuck in). I'm on a bed in a white room, a hospital room. I look to my left and see Tobias on his stomach in another bed right next to mine. We are roommates.

"Hey roomy." He says with a smile.

"Hey. are you okay?" I ask hoping his back is okay.

"Yeah. They stitched up the bad openings, but the others have to heal on their own. Thanks, by the way. You know, for helping me. When I tried to get up, I could barely keep my eyes opened. I was seeing black spots. Who knows what would've happened if you didn't help. And why are you in the hospital. Last thing I remember is getting to the Blacks and a scream. Then I apparently blacked out." He looked a little worried at the end.

"Your welcome. You would've done the same for me. And when they explosion when off, the door blew up too, and a stray piece found its way into my calf." I say like no big deal.

"I'm so sorry. If I didn't fall, you wouldn't have been hurt. I-" I cut him off.

"It's not your fault. You can't control where flying piece go." We talk a little more before Zeke, Uriah and Will come in.

"Hey. Ya'll alright?" Will asked. We say yeah and they explained what happened. Max called them and said we they HQ is fine. He took the others into custody. But we need to invest age Peter's house for anything else. We talk about what's going to happen next.

"Oh yeah. They girls are all wondering what happened and stuff and we thought we should let you explain. Well, just Marlene, Shauna, and Lynn." Tobias and I groan. Will goes to out, and comes back in with them.

Zeke said Max told him we can tell them. The helped us and he thinks we can train them. We-more like I- explained what's going on and stuff. They actually seem excited to help us.

"Finally! I didn't think I could hold it in anymore." Christina said with a sigh. I chuckle a little bit. "And I only knew because they needed help." She says to the other girls. We all talk and decide to check out his house next week when we get out the hospital. Everyday, Zeke and Christina bring our school work and stuff so we don't fall behind. But right now, there's only one thing going through my head, what does this key do? What's it for?