Chapter 8

Edited: November 21st, 2015

A gun. He pointed it at Amar and pulled the trigger.

Tris' pov

As soon the the gun was pointed at Amar, Tobias tackles Amar on the ground before it can hit him. Without thinking, I throw the knife in my hand at the mysterious man, and it hits his shooting hand.

He screams out in pain as Zeke grabs the man's gun. The man reaches into his back pocket to reveal a knife. Uriah pushes the man down before he throws it at Zeke. It falls to the ground. The man grabs it and stabs Uriah in the leg. Zeke has the gun to the man's head. Amar picks up Uriah and takes him to the nurse. Amar know we can handle this.

I go to the man and punch him in his throat. He steps back and kicks my side. I move but not enough, so it barely catches my side and I go off balance. He charges at me. He sits on me and lifts his hand to punch me. I grab it before it hits me and roll over, so I'm sitting on him. I elbow his stomach and punch his nose.

Even though Zeke has a gun, he doesn't want to hit me. I respect that, I'm not trying to die.

I get off and grab the knives on the floor. There were five. As he gets up, I throw four of my knives at the man. It pins his clothes to the wall behind him. Tobias already left went to go get Hana, the principal, to contact Max at the beginning of the fight because our ear pieces stopped working. Probably because this random man must've did something the the connection.

Everyone is still on the floor. After the gun shot, everyone dropped. They stayed down when I started throwing knives. Smart idea. I walk up to the man holding the knife at his throat.

"What the hell do you think your doing?" No answer. I lean in closer, so close to him that only I would be able to see his face. And when I do, I go slightly turn pale. I don't want anyone to know I'm slight afraid. He found me, Luke. (Sorry, random name.)

Last year, when I went on those missions with Uriah, we had to go to school out there. I met someone named Luke. He almost killed me, if it wasn't for Uriah.

Flashback

Luke became a close friend of mine. We were over my house doing homework. We decided to watch a movie when we finished.

"Hey Six, I'm going to go to the bathroom." I don't want anyone to know my real name so I go by Six in public, or for school purposes.

"Okay. Down the hall turned left, first door on the right."

I continued to watch the movie when I heard a crash. I got up and went to find out what it was. Usually girls in horror movies do the same and die, but I'm a trained agent. I got this. I was going down the hall when I felt someone grab me. The only one who came down here was Luke. He tied my hands together, but didn't blind fold me. I would think he would. He tied my feet too. I kind of froze up. To think we were friends. I was thrown into a room, a guest room in the house. Before he could question me and vise versa, I heard the front door open.

"Hello?" Uriah. I tried to scream to let him know where we are, but Luke, the person who trapped me, held a knife to my throat. Uriah was walking down the hall, to where we were.

"Anyone home?" Just then, he came in here. He must've seen the broken vase outside the room. Uriah looked at Luke, then at me. I felt helpless. I didn't know what to do. I was stunned, but then I remembered I had hidden weapons on me. I honestly feel stupid. We were trained for this, and here I am doing nothing. I look at Uriah, he made eye contact with me. I look at my shoes, indicating I had a hidden weapon. Uriah understood and started to distract Luke.

"Hello Uriah. What brings you here." I brought my foot up to my hands, behind my back because I was sitting down on my legs. I grabbed my knife and started to cut the ties on my hands.

"Who are you? What do you want with my sister." Uriah growls. We aren't really brothers and sisters, but we've been through a lot together so we consider each other family.

"Nothing of you concern. Leave us alone." I don't want to be alone with him. Something always felt off about Luke, but like in every book I've read, I ignored it. Never again will I do that. Uriah takes a step closer, takes out his own knife, and Luke presses his knife to my throat. I feel a little bit of blood down my neck. Uriah stops.

"Now, do as I say, or she dies." By now, I broke my hand ties and was almost done with the on on my feet. "Look. I need a key. It's no ordinary key, it's multi-colored and its shaped like shotgun its small, about an inch long. Bring it here." Uriah's eyes widen for a fraction of a second, then go back. I have that key on a necklace. Max gave it to me. He told me to always wear it and don't give it to anyone. I have it on, but my shirt is covering it. Uriah knows. But what does it do?

I give Uriah a nod. I grab Luke's wrist and twist it. Uriah comes and tackles Luke. Luke punches Uriah in the jaw. I throw my knife at Luke. It hits his shoulder. He cries out in pain. Uriah ties him up and takes out the knife. We call Max.

End of flashback.

"What do you want?" I say through gritted teeth.

"I was ordered to kill Amar, because he has something we need." We? Who's we? And what does he need? What does Amar have? Tobias comes back with Max and Hana. I pull of his hood.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Luke. Long time no see hmm?" Luke was put in jail in attempt for murder. Luke doesn't reply. Max removes him from the wall and handcuffs him. Hana starts to talk to the other kids, calming them and reassuring some. I walk over to Tobias and Zeke. We have a little group hug.

"Let's go see Uriah." I suggest. Tobias grabs my hands and studies my knuckles.

"What happened?" He asked, while wrapping my knuckles. He tore the bottom of his shirt. I had slit knuckles with blood on them from when I broke Luke's nose and was fighting him.

"She kicked ass, that's what happened." Zeke pats my back and I smile.

"That's my girl." Tobias whispers. I blush a little.

We walk out. I turn around really quick and everyone is just staring at us. I smile, turn around and keep walking.