Chapter 30

Tobias' pov

We head over to where they last showed on the screen. When we get there, we begin to search. I see a note, off to the side with a rock on top. I grab it and open it.

Dear friends of Uriah and Six,

You have 1 week. 1 week to save your little friends, 1 week to had over the key. If we get it, they will be released. They'll live. In what condition, I can't say. (line from Divergent) The sooner we have it, the faster you can get them. Thanks for following/tracking us, but this won't lead you to where they are. Someone will meant you in 2 days at the Millennium Park. You'll know what to do when you get there. There will be a note. If you don't have the key, you'll find another note,vex planning what to do next. Four, wouldn't want your little girlfriend to get hurt, would you? And Zeke, what about your brother, own flesh and blood. All because you guys left them alone. See you soon!

-16-5-20-5-18-

"Ugh! This is why we didn't want to date. They mess with your head. And 16-5-20-5-18? What kind of code is that?" I say out loud, to no one in-particular. Wait, but I've seen those numbers before.

"Hey Zeke,!" I call. "come here! Do you remember these numbers?" I show them the letter. "I'll send a picture to Will too." And I do.

"It's some kind of code. Ummmm......wait! It's someone's name. We used it the other day. I can't remember though. Match the number to a letter in the alphabet." After Zeke does that, it comes out to P-E-T-E-R.

"Oh! It was at Peters house. I think it was his name." He suggests.

"It is. That means he has them. Or at least knows where they are."

"Wait, isn't Peter suppose to be in jail?" Zeke said worriedly.

"Yeah, he's suppose to be."

Tris' pov

It's the next day. Yesterday went, well.

Flash-back

"What are your names?" Eric asked the first question.

"Uriah Pedrad."

"Beatrice Prior."

He continues. "What school do you go too?" He has to start out with simple questions to know if we actually tell the truth.

"Divergent High." We say together.

"Who's all working with you guys on this?" Uriah hesitates before answering.

"Will, Four, And Zeke." Uriah states the boys. I say the girls, even though I don't want to.

"Marlene, Shauna, Christina, and Lynn." He writes stuff down.

"I'll ask Uriah this one first. Have you ever seen this? If so, do you know where it is?"

He answers, "I've only seen it in pictures. No, I don't know where it is. Only the boss knows where it is. I don't even know where he is either. We have to be blindfolded before we enter the HQ." Eric writes stuff down again. As Uriah was talking, he was squeezing my hand, quite hard. You could tell it took a lot to resist the serum.

"Okay moving on. Tris! Have you ever seen this? If so, do you know where it is? Tell me." He says impatiently. I come up with something believable. I squeeze his hand as well.

"I've seen pictures of it, and once in real life. It was at out old school. In the house. I was cleaning before Luke came over, and I found a key. I didn't know what to do with it, so I put it back. Later that night, he attacked me, asking for it. I truly didn't know what it was, or what it did. He never got the chance to ask me about it. Then we moved, and I forgot to check if it was there. But I assume it was moved, because then Luke would've be able to find it easily." I explain my lie. He writes it down. And he seems to believe it.

"Where is this house? Maybe it's still there, knowing we would want to check there, but then thinking we shouldn't go there. Like it's too obvious. Like reverse psychology."

"It was in New York. 14868 East river street. (Made up address.) It was under the carpet in the middle of the living room. It was probably put there because everyone wouldn't think it would be in the room where everyone goes." I'm just making this up as I go.

Flash-back over

After that, he left. But not without punching me in my jaw for lying when he asked if I knew where it was or seen it before. Now, we are just sitting here, waiting for our one meal.

"Trissssssssssss." Uriah whines. "I'm hungry."

"Uri, you're always hungry. Just wait." I say, barely opening my jaw to talk. It's swollen from when Eric hit me, and it wasn't a soft hit. Hours pass, and I'm getting really hungry too. We haven't ate since yesterday before we went to Peter's house. And that was just some mashed potatoes.

And since we are tied, we have foods that we can only eat without using our hands. We need to bend down and eat, while our foods are in our laps. And one bite at a time. I go first, while Uriah leans back on my back while I take a bite. Then he bites his while I lean on him. We have a routine.

"Uriah, I don't know if I can eat much. My jaw hurts when I move it." I say, while wincing a little while I talk.

"Then only talk when it's necessary. I'll do the talking. And chew on your right side, not your left. I'm sorry I didn't do anythin-"

"Uriah,not wasn't your fault. You couldn't stop it. Just as long as he didn't find out we're good. Okay?" I said whispering halfway through. I feel Uriah nod. I ask him to talk to me. The silence is killing me, and I don't want to talk.

"Okay, there is a table over there with guns and knives on it. We need to find the perfect time to get up, and walk over there. And cut ourselves free. But we need to work together. That's the only plan I got. I hope we don't get shot. Tris I, I don't know what I would do without you. You've always been there for me."

"Uri, that's sounds like a great plan. We'll work out the details later. And you won't lose me. I promise you. And you've always been there for me too. I mean, you saved me from getting killed how many times while being in the FBI?" I chuckle at the end. The rest of the time, we discuss details and random things to get our minds off of this. When our food comes, at what I'm guessing around lunch time, it Mac n' Cheese. At least it's soft. And we eat, using our routine, hoping someone will help us soon.

A/N- any suggestions to what happens? Open to ideas. :)