Chapter 20

Tris' pov

"Why was it Peter's house?" I say thinking out loud. "Wait... I that means, they're in that house. I mean think about it. Either him or Eric stay here, Peter was trying to keep me out his house, and how they don't throw anymore parties. They're hiding them in there." I say answering my own question. Will and Caleb seem to get this, but Tobias, Zeke, and Uriah look amazed.

"Hey, that's just how my mind works." I smile. "Okay, we need to get back into that house, and look around. But we can't just all go over there. We need a-"

"A fake party!" Uriah yells.

"That's so- actually, that's not bad. We can spread the news that he's having a party, he can't get out of it. If he tries, everyone will start complaining and it'll ruin his reputation. We just need to keep bringing it up, to know that people are starting to wonder." Everyone agrees and I text Christina that Peters having a party Friday and tell them to spread the news. We have two days to prepare to go to his house.

(Thursday)
We arrive at school, and everyone is talking about Peter's party. Thankfully, Peter is the one to show up today. We even made flyers, talking about how this is the party of the year. We need as many people as we can get to go to this party. People are talking to Peter, about being there. He looks so confused so I take a flyer to him.

"WHAT!?" Peter yells. Everyone in the hallways stop talking. "I'm not having a party!? Who said I was?"

"What, you can't just cancel the party now, everyone is looking forward to it. Hey! Who would think something is wrong if Peter didn't throw this party, because he hasn't thrown one in a while?" I yell, addressing the people in the hallway. Everyone mummers a type of agreement, and Peter reluctantly agree. I smirk at him and we head to our class.

Peter has been in a bad mood all day. I call tell he has mixed emotions, anger, hate and fear. At lunch, we all just chat with each other, and Christina gets up to throw her food away.

Ugh, I need another water bottle and I turn to ask Christina to get me one before she sits down. Christina doesn't take long to throw her food away, so I look in the direction she went in. I barely see someone pull her through the door. I get up, say I have to use the bathroom and follow her.

I go through the doors, and see someone turning at the end of the hallway to my left. I quickly but quietly follow. I turn, to see them take a right. I follow, and hear someone hit the lockers. I turn to see someone holding Christina at the lockers.

He's asking her someone and she's shaking her head, looking fearful. I get close enough to go unnoticed to see its Peter. I run and tackle him to the ground, so he's lying in his stomach, and holding his hands behind his back. Christina, doesn't move, she in shock.

"What are you doing with her!" I say to Peter, trying not to raise my voice.

"She's the reason everyone thinks I'm having a party. I don't need any people at my house. Especially a freaking party!"

"She didn't start this. We were walking at the mall, and some girl asked us if we were going to your party. We said what party and she told us." I lie. "Christina just got excited, but you should know that, she loves parties. This wasn't her fault. And don't let me EVER see you hurt her again. Got it?" He nods and I get up, and he walks away, talking to himself. I turn to look at Christina.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine that's to you. I just have a headache, and my wrist her from where he grabbed me by." She says while rubbing her wrist and head. There are faint bruises on her wrist, showing where Peter grabbed her too hard. "But thanks, for being there. Why where you there?" She questions. "And why did you lie to him?" We start walking back to lunch

"No problem. And Well, you don't take long to throw your stuff away, and I was going to ask you to get me a water bottle. I looked over and seen you being pulled out the door. I said I was going to use the bathroom, and followed you here. And I lied because I didn't want him to think you did it. It wasn't your idea. I don't want you or my friends being hurt because it was their idea." I answer honestly. "How did you know I was lying?"

"It was something I picked up from my parents." She shrugged. I'm really good at hiding my lies. I guess wasn't trying to hide that I was lying. Peter wouldn't be able to tell anyways, he was scared. "I just don't know what to tell them. I mean, you were gone for longer that a bathroom break. I have some bruises and a headache. I've never been attacked, I-I- I don't know what to do or say, I'm still kind of in shock."

"It's okay, I'll explain to them if you want, you don't have to say anything. And yeah, being attacked isn't the best thing." I say, trying to lighten the mood. She laughs. We walk back in, and sit down. We only have like 10 minutes left.

"Hey what took- Christina, what happened?" Will asked. She looked at me, and I explained. Will looks like he going to kill Peter. With his training, it wouldn't be that hard. We didn't elaborate on it anymore. The rest of the school day was a blur. We went home, and talked about our plan tomorrow night.