Chapter 19

Edited Februray 29, 2016. Happy late New Years!

Tris' pov

I told Tobias, Zeke, Uriah, and Will about my observation. I also asked Hana if she could print out their attendance each week. I have a weird feeling thinking about this. However, we can't just show up at their houses without giving us away. Ugh, I have to clear my head! I know Peter and Eric are getting suspicious of us five. It's finally Friday though! We are in math, and we have to do a project. It's due Friday. (It's a new week, and it's Wednesday.)

Zeke-Uriah
Lauren-Nick
Four-Jake
Tris-Peter...

I stopped listening when the teacher said I have to work with Peter. REALLY! Well, I guess I can see what's going on with him and Eric. After class, I walk up to Peter.

"We're going to work at your house after sch-" he cuts me off.

"No. Where working at your house, or the library." He tries to say casualty. Huh, so he is hiding something.

"Why the sudden no? What are you doing, hiding something?" I say as a joke and roll my eyes while acting innocent so he doesn't think I know anything. "Why not at your house? We can't go to my house because my families having visitors this week." I lie easily. "Your house can't be that bad. Maybe we can get get icecream. But why not youre house? Is it because-" I start discurving to pay some time.

He sighs. "FINE! Let's do it at my house then. Just SHUT UP!" I give him a fake smile as he writes down his address. I walk out the room to Tobias. It's finally the end of the school day. Tobias, Zeke, Uriah, and I rode to school together so they give me a ride to Peter's and gun to hide in my boots along with a knife to strap on my lower back. They drop me off, and I head to the door. I knock twice, and Peter answers it.

"Let's make this quick." Well then.

"Hello to you too." I say sarcastically. He just rolls his eyes. I walk in, and it's a normal size. Just and upstairs. When you walk in, to the left is a kitchen that leads to the backyard and dining room. To the right is the living room. Straight ahead are some stairs. We go up there, and too his room. It's at the end of the hallway.

I look around as we enter. There's just a plain bed, a dresser, a night stand, a closet, a bathroom, a bookshelf, some pic- wait what? Why does he have a bookshelf? He doesn't come across as a smart person. Not like the I'm judging him or anything, but he always says he hates reading. Peter breaks my train of thoughts.

"Let's get this over with." For the next hour, we work on our project, we are halfway done. Peter says that's enough and we can finish tomorrow. He leads me out his house. Then shuts and locks the door. Wow. I called Tobias and ask for a ride.

I tell him how weird Peter was acting. He never left me alone. I went to get some water and he came with me. He needed to go get something from his car and he made me go too. I explain to Tobias how he was trying to avoid me going over to his house. Also about how his room looked and how he tried to get me out his house without looking suspicious. Although I didn't see any signs of Eric. He wasn't at school, nor Peter's house. We need to get back in there.

The next day, Eric didn't come to school, so Peter was there. After school, I went to his house again. I was there sooner than last time. We go up to his room again. He gets a phone call, and I start to get up so I can follow wherever he needs to go.

"Just wait here, I need to take this. It's my mom. She's always traveling, so I never get to talk to her." I think he's lying. Buy I just smile and nod. I start working on the project again. I hear the front door shut. I look out the window, and Peter is talking on the phone in his car.

I take this chance to look around his room. I look under the bed, the closet, the dresser without messing anything up, and the nightstand. When I was checking the nightstand, I seen a slight color difference one the bottom of the inside of it. I take out the draw, and flip it over. There's what looks like a pressure plate on the bottom corner. I pull on some gloves I brought, so I won't leave fingerprints, and I push down.

Something falls out from the inside. I lift the draw. It's a necklace, with a little bit of dried up blood. I take out a plastic bag from my backpack. Since I knew I was coming back, I brought stuff so I'm prepared. I carefully and swiftly put the necklace in the bag.

I swear I've seen this exact necklace before. It's a really expensive necklace, you can sell it for a lot. This can't be his. I put the draw back and I hear the front door open and someone running up. I swiftly take of my gloves, and stuff them in my bag, sit down and start working on our project again. We are almost done with it. 5 minutes later, we finish.

"Well, since you don't have to be here anymore, GET OUT!" I think Peter is using him hating me as an excuse to get me out faster. I've got to admit, it seems more normal than yesterday. I call Tobias to take me home. On the way, I tell him about the necklace. I don't know exactly where I've seen it though. We get home, and I go to my room. I set the bag with the necklace on my dresser.

I put my other stuff down and walk back to my dresser. I look at my pictures on it. There's one of me, Tobias, Caleb, Robert, and Susan. I closely look at it. I miss them so much. Before I put it down, I see something around Susan's neck. A familiar looking necklace. Susan got that necklace when she was smaller for her birthday. It was custom made. It had two hands, like one helping the other. She never took it off, she loves it that much.

I look at the necklace I had. The same symbol. I look as closely as I can with it in the bag, and there is an S.B. In the middle. Nobody normal would notice it. ITS SUSAN'S! I grab the necklace and picture. I run around trying to find Will. He and the others are in the kitchen. I run in there and they give me a confusing look.

"We got to go. I need Will, i think I might've found something." I grab Will and drag him outside. Tobias gets in and drives the the HQ. On the way, I explain to them about the necklace, Peter, and the picture. We get there and Will goes over to Caleb and they look at the necklace, run some test, look at the blood, and do whatever they do. When they're done, Caleb eyes look hopeful.

"It's Susan's necklace and blood."