Chapter 7

Edited: November 17, 2015

Tobias' pov

I sent a quick text to Max and Hana telling them that there may be someone lurking around the school. They said they would look and take care of it. We make our way to PE. Tris and I are walking in the back of the group. I slow down a little and have her slow down too.

"Tris," I whisper so no one hears her name. "I wanted to uh, know if you uh, wanted to maybe um, to go out with me and wantedtobemygirlfriend?" I say quickly and rub the back of my neck. I always do that when I'm nervous. I look at her and see her smile from ear to ear.

"Tobias," she whisper so no one hears. "I would love to." I smile so wide, I swear my checks will hurt for a while.

"How about tonight? I can pick you up. I'll be at your door at 7." I hope we have tonight free. I wink at her, hoping she catches on, since we do live in one house.

"Perfect." She smirks back. I grab her hand and we walk to class.

Tris' pov

OMG! I can't believe Tobias just asked me out for tonight and asked me to be his girlfriend! As we walk to class, I have a feeling someone is following us. Tobias has the feeling too. He told me about something or someone outside the school earlier. He squeezes my hand for reassurance. We get change in our separated locker rooms, girls locker room and boys locker room, and get to the gym early. We see the coach. (that's what he wants us to call him.) He turns around... Amar?

"Amar? What are you doing here?" He was one of the agents who helped train us, him and Tori were the trainers. Tobias, Zeke, Uriah, and I go and hug him.

"Well, I'm your PE teacher, but I like to be called Coach Amar. Max sent me here because there should always be back up just in case." He explains. When he's done, the rest of the class files in. We head over to the group.

"Hello everyone. Since it's the first day, I'll take it easy. 4 laps around the gym, stretch what you need to, then 50 sit ups and 75 push ups. Then get back here and we'll move to some training." This class is a mix of PE and training.

We start running. I love running, so does Tobias. We are running next to each other when he runs ahead a little bit. It's a challenge. I run ahead of him, accepting his challenge. We kept running, then we sprint. He barley beats me, if he didn't cut me off, I would've won. When we finish, everyone is staring at us. We were a lap ahead of everyone. Zeke and Uriah were just half a lap in front of everyone. They don't like to race against Tobias and I, we always win.

"Did I tell you to stop? No! Now finish." Amar can be scary when he needs to be. Tobias and I finish stretching when they finally sh their laps. I finish my sit ups first. We start doing push ups when Amar stops everyone.

"That's not how you do a push up! Four, come here and demonstrate for us please." Tobias makes his way up in front of the class and starts while Amar talks.

"Do you see how he does it? Six! Come sit on his back." I look at Tobias and smirk. I make my way over and sit. After we demonstrate, we start to train. We start with knife throwing today. Yes! Amar shows everyone how to do it, but Tobias, Zeke, Uriah, and I don't pay much attention. He lets us go practice.

I grab my knives and throw. Dead center every time. As I go to back to my spot with the knives, someone comes through the doors. I can't their face but they are holding something in their hand.

A gun.

He aims it at Amar and pulls the trigger.