Chapter 36

Tris' pov

A week later

After the whole case was figured out, Marlene, Lynn, Shauna, and Christina, were set a schedule to train. Will doesn't need much training, because he's getting some help from Caleb with the techy stuff. Nerds. Tobias and Zeke, are going through the punishment of leaving your partner without reason. They had to go through a week of one hour sessions of getting lectured about leaving your partner. After the lectured, they spend the rest of the hour writing, I will not leave my partner without a reason, over an over on paper. I've never experienced it, but I know it sucks.

Uriah and I were awarded with best hard-working, partner pair. Since Tobias, Zeke, Uriah and I are a group, we switch around partners. Like on a mission/case I'll be partners with Tobias, and others I will be with Uriah or Zeke. Since Uriah and I were separated from our partners, we became partners. I have to wear a knee brace for two more weeks, and Uriah and I didn't make many injuries. We just have to wait for them to heal.

Tobias had asked me on another date, because we never got to have our first one. I'm dressed in a blue high-low dress. Usually I don't wear these kinds of dresses but Tobias said to dress fancy. (picture at top) At 7 o'clock, Tobias knocks on my bedroom door. He has on a blue button up shirt, and nice black slacks.

"You look good Tris." He says. I remember that day in school, when he asked me out.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself." He opens the car door for me, when we get outside and takes me to this lake we went too as little kids. There is a table set up, with candles lit up around it in the sand.

"Oh Tobias!" I say while giving him a hug. "This is beautiful. Especially since it's candle lit under the moon light. This is wonderful." I say, giving him a kiss. He had some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and of course, Dauntless cake. Its our favorite foods. And it's the best cake originally made from the headquarters. What, agents need special treats too. I just never tried it until I went to DHS. Since our agents work there, the HQ sends cake to the school. After we eat, we lay down on a blanket Tobias set out for us, starring at the stars. All of a sudden, Tobias stands up, bringing me with him. Get gets down on one knee.

"Beatrice, I've loved you for a long time. We never wanted to date because we would be separated, or be used against one another, just complications. But we didn't care, once we were together again. I never want to be separated from you. Even when we are, this ring will prove we can't be separated forever. I'm not really great at speeches, so Beatrice Prior, will you marry me?" He pulled out a box with a beautiful ring inside. It's simple with a little extra on it.

I smile the widest I've ever have. "Yes. I would love to marry you." He slips on the ring, and I pull him up. We share a slow passionate kiss, sealing our engagement, even though the ring does that. Once we pull back, I look closely at the ring. He told me there was something on the inside. I took it off and there was T+B and 4+6 engraved in it.

"Tobias, it's wonderful! When did you get this?"

"The other day. But I've wanted to propose for a while. I mean we've known each other basically our whole lives, we know everything about each other. It's like we were dating without knowing."

I smile. "So Tobias, proposing on the first date, eh?" I joke. He just laughs and kisses my cheek. We get back to the house, seeing everyone there watching tv in the living room. Christina is the first to turn away from the screen and squeals.

"What happened? When did this happen? OMG! Four and Tris are engaged!" They knew my nickname Tris, when Peter and Eric started yelling at me when we took them away. The group was confused at who they were yelling at, when they realized it was me. At the word engaged, since we are use to Christina squealing- which was ignored-, everyone turns toward us.

"WHAT?!" They say in unison. "Creepy." They say again. We all start laughing. I show them the ring, while Tobias explains what happened. We head upstairs, change, and sit on the couch. Since there is only one available seat left, I sit on Tobias' lap. I lay my head against his chest, listening to his heart beat. I look around the room, looking at my friends and family we've become. I'm glad I went to DHS now. I would've never been about to be happy with them as I am now. I also wouldn't have engaged to the one I love the most, Tobias Eaton, my future husband.

Tobias' pov

As we sit with the others, I've realized how close we've all become. How we helped each other out in times of need. How we've had a hectic time together so far. But I'm glad. Because of these people, I'm happy with everyone I'm around. Tris, Zeke, Uriah, and I have always stayed within us four. But, and I hate to say it, but because of school, DHS, we've met others who don't care who we are, but join us in the journey. I also wouldn't have been engaged to the one I love, Beatrice Prior, future Beatrice Eaton, my future wife.

The end.

A/N- FINALLY! I never would've thought I would end it soon. I didn't know how, but I'm good with this. Should I do an epilogue, or nah? Comment what you think.

Thanks so much for everyone who has supported me, special thanks to Deportivo_, Brookecheersfourever, IAMR3ALLYBOSS, vanessa_1414, jasongrace778, babybluejay46, nevaebees, crazyfordivergent, and anyone else helped by commenting or voting a lot for me. Thanks!