Chapter 3

I pushed through the large glass doors that lead into the mall. It appears that malls are the same no matter where you go, even if you're on a different continent.

I spotted a directory not to far from me. Once I made my way to it, I noticed they had a hair saloon. I didn't bother looking at anything else on the directory, I doubted that any of the stores would be familiar to me.

I looked at the directory once more to be sure the location of the saloon had stuck. I made my way to the nearest escalator and looked around for the place. I noticed that some stores were familiar to me because they had them in America as well. I made a mental note to go to some of them.

I made my way to the saloon and noticed only one other customer was there. Since they were being helped, I began looking around. The place had done many celebrities hair. That would be good, I couldn't have some new crappy hair.

My mother use to do my hair for me before. She could do pretty much anything. Extensions, pirms, dyes, cuts. Sometimes when she finished my hair, I couldn't even recognize myself.

"Next!" The lady at the counter called out. She was of medium build, maybe about 5 foot 6. Her hair was blond with black dip dye. It actually looked kind of cool.

"Hello." I greeted her sweetly.

"Hi, how can we help you today, love?" Her accent rang through my ears. If it wasn't for her accent I would have probably called her out on asking such a stupid question. Look where you work!

"Yes, I would like to get extensions, trim and dye." I explained to her swiftly.

"Alright, come with me." She said, guiding me to an empty chair a few feet away from where we had been standing. "Sit." She commanded.

I sat down and crossed my long thin legs. Before I knew it, someone was washing my hair. It felt nice, I loved my hair being done.

"My name is Kathy and I will be your stylist today!" She said cheerfully.

"Amber." I told her. I would have shook her hand, but that wasn't exactly possible.

"So I have a few questions for you." She explained to me as she washed my hair gently.

"Shoot." I said, closing my eyes.

"Alright. Color, length of extensions. Your length is about nine inches at the moment.." She said getting to the point.

"Layered light brown. Closer to a blonde than a brown if you know what I mean. And make my hair to 26 inches." I rambled off as if I knew how to do my hair all along. (A/n picture of length on side.)

She began to work away and I just got lost in my memories.

"But mom!" I pouted. "I don't want red hair again!" She looked at me and sighed. I knew I had won. "Dammit!" She shouted. "It is NOT your choice! You've done every other natural color already! It has to be changed. It's like you want to get caught!" I shut my mouth immediately. She scared the living hell out of me when she was mad. Punching walls, throwing darts at things.

She didn't scare me often. She was usually too busy pretending to be proper or lecturing me to be. She wasn't the kind of woman you wanted mad though, her eyes darkened and if you called her out about doing it later, she wouldn't even remember.

I shuddered at the memory replaying in my head. I had many great times with her, but those bad ones would stick with me forever. It didn't have anything to do what she said, it was her expressions.

"All done!" The lady announced. I hadn't realized how much time had passed.

I looked into the mirror for a moment. I didn't look like the girl Scott knew, the hair cut framed my face differently. I looked better like this. I didn't need heavy make up to pull off this hair like I did my old.

I thanked the woman and walked over to the desk to pay. Once I did so, I hurried off to do my shopping.

I didn't bother reading the signs on the stores, I just looked into the doorways and if I saw clothes that I liked, I went in. Once I bought something, then I looked at the name. I would need to know where to shop, who knows how long I will be here.

The first store I bought something from was this place called Top Shop. A lot of it was way over priced, but the clothes had good fabric and they were amazing!

I ended up buying things from stores that I knew in America, such as Forever 21, Ambercrombie and Fitch, Wet Seal, and GAP. By the time I purchased things from all those stores, I could hardly carry my things.

As I was walking out of the mall, I noticed one last store. I couldn't resist. There was more casual clothes in the store, and I hadn't got anything like that. A lot of the clothes read 'Jack Wills' so it wasn't hard to figure out the name.

It reminded me of Hollister, regular t-shirts with a name on it.

Within 15 minutes, I had two dresses, sweats, a hoodie, a few t-shirts that said jack wills, plaid shirts, a pink sweater, and a few more things. I may have went a bit over board, but hey, a girls got to do what a girl has to do!

As I headed to check out, hundreds of people ran into the store. No, I am not exaggerating this either. I mean, I get that the store has some cool stuff, but if you see enough people in here go somewhere else!

I got to check out and I was being shoved left and right. I was so close to snapping. The lady rang up my purchases, seeming just as annoyed as I was by the crowd.

"Does this happen a lot?" I blurted out to the lady.

She rolled her eyes. "Sadly, yes."

"Why?" I pressed on. I have a right to be nosey...

"Well. People such as Cher Lloyd, One Direction, The Wanted, Little Mix, tend to shop here even though there is so many other malls." She explained to me, not looking too happy about the situation.

She finished bagging and I walked out of the store relieved that I was able to escape the madness. I walked out of the mall and waved down a taxi.

The time difference was finally starting to get to me. I made the decision to take a nap and go out tonight.

I got into the lobby and the man from earlier didn't hesitate to wink at me. I acted as if I didn't see and I continued to go to my room. I was going to have a long night ahead of me.