Chapter 32

"Excuse me sir, but you can't be in the same bed as her. She is still in a fragile state." The nurse cooed. My eyes were still shut, dreading the fact that it was morning.

"I'm sorry ma'am." Harry said politely. I felt the weight on my bed shift, which meant he had moved.

"Amber." The nurse said awfully loud in my ear. I growled and covered my ears. Harry's laugh echoed in the small room.

The nurse sighed and removed my hands from my ears. "We need to run tests miss, will you please get up?" She said in an overly sweet tone in an attempt to hide her annoyance.

I lazily sat up in the bed and opened my eyes slightly. The nurse smiled and I could have swore her white teeth were going to blind me.

"I'll be back with the doctor in five." She chirped before walking out of the room.

I turned my head to look at Harry and all of my hair fell into my face. "Can we leave yet." I asked, feeling sore from all of the bed rest.

"I can, but you can't." He smirked at me.

"I hate you." I teased. He faked hurt and pouted like a small child.

I continued to lay down in the bed. I wasn't getting up anytime soon. I wrapped the blanket around me tightly and nuzzled into my pillow.

"Haven't you got enough sleep?" Louis said loudly as he and the rest of the boys stormed into the small room.

"Haven't you done enough talking?" I shot back grumpily. Everyone besides Louis laughed at my remark.

I closed my eyes, but immediately there were footsteps. I sighed, figuring it was the nurse back to poke and prod me. I sat up and opened my eyes, but it wasn't the nurse.

 "Hello Ms.Rose, I'm detective Schwartz." A man dressed in a light blue shirt and khakis said as he stuck his hand out for me to shake. To be polite, I shook it.

"Hi." I mumbled awkwardly.

He turned away from me and towards the group of boys that sat on the couch. "Would you boys mind leaving the room while I talk to Miss.Rose?" He asked, although it sounded more like a command.

They looked at each other awkwardly before standing up to walk out of the cramped room.

"Harry. Stay." I demanded. I didn't feel comfortable alone right now, especially with this stranger. 

Harry pulled a chair next to my bed and sat in it. 

The detective cleared his throat. "So, do you know why i'm here?" He asked me.

I had no clue, but I wasn't going to say that. There was plenty of reasons for him to be here besides Scott kidnapping me and beating me. I did have a rough past and here I am, trapped.

"I have an idea." More like ideas.

"Ah. Well. I'll explain. Scott is in jail at the moment awaiting trial and you're the key to putting him behind bars. Without you, we don't have a winning case and-" He explained.

"So you're saying that if she doesn't testify against him he's going to be able to harm her again, right?" Harry said coldly, cutting off the detective.

"Well cutting to the point, yes." He said with a sigh.

I didn't know what to say or what to do. I wasn't comfortable testifying against him, hell I was hoping he would take my life. Could I actually put him behind bars for doing something I wanted him to? Then again, did I want to risk everything else over this?

There was a moment of silence.

Mr.Schwartz coughed awkwardly. "I'll give you a moment to decided. I will be right out side."

He walked out of the room and closed the door. As soon as it shut completely, Harry spoke. "You're going to testify, right?" He asked.

I looked down at the sheets. "I don't know." I mumbled.

"You're kidding me right? After he almost killed you, you're thinking about letting him be a free man! What if he goes after you again, huh?" He snapped.

"I- I don't know if I can do it." I stuttered.

"I can't fucking believe you. You're not this stupid Amber. A few months ago you would have done it without any hesitation what so ever, and now? Now, you want him to get away with it?" He barked, frustrated.

"Clearly I am that stupid." I said in monotone, staring straight ahead.

"You're going to testify against him." He demanded.

"No." I responded.

"God dammit, yes you are!" He yelled.

"How could I put someone in jail for doing something I wanted them to do!" I yelled back at him, immediately regretting what I had said.

"You don't mean that." He said in a low voice.

"I'm not okay Harry! There's so much that you don't even fucking know and it's tearing me apart! I just can't handle this anymore." I said as tears spilled from my eyes.

"Why don't you talk to me then? What's wrong?" He asked. I couldn't tell if he was actually concerned or if he was just waiting for me to say something stupid.

"You'd never understand." I told him.

"How would you know without telling me?" He countered.

"Trust me. You'd hate me, storm out, and never speak to me again." I told him, meaning every word.

"Try me."