Chapter 30

Harry's P.O.V.

"This is taking too long! I mean how are we even supposed to know if she's in these houses!" I said out of annoyance.

Currently, we driving into possible neighborhoods and having Paul knock on the doors. We stood behind and out of view just in case a fan were to answer the door and attack us.

"Can you stop complaining for one moment of your life?" Zayn snapped. I glared at him. I was mentally stabbing him with a dull knife.

"Give him a break." I heard Lou say in a hushed way, as if he didn't want me to hear.

"You know, it could be worse. Atleast LA is out of the question." Paul pipped up.

It felt like everyone was trying to push my buttons today, no one asked any of them to answer to my complaints.

I watched my converse slap the pavement as we made our way to yet another house. God, why did this have to be so difficult. All I want is to see her again, to fix things, and most of all to save her.

Last night, the boys tried to convince me that he wasn't hurting her. They failed miserably. You don't kidnap someone and not do anything to them that they would not normally appreciate.

I overheard Paul speaking to a man, asking if he knew anyone by the name of Scott, Amber, or Renee. As usual, he had no damn clue who they were.

"How about we slip up? I mean they had to have had some friends. We can cover way more houses if we go seperately." I explained to them, my eyes wide and wild.

"Haz, that isn't the best idea. What if something happens. It's not like we're regular people." Liam told me and I rolled my eyes.

"We have shades and hats in the van you tart. If we wear those less people would recognize us. Plus, we're going to be feet away from eachother, just knocking on different doors." I further explained to the group. After a bit of pondering, they nodded.

I jogged over to the van and grabbed hats and shades. Hoping that everything was accounted for, I ran back over to everyone. As I made my way there I noticed that they were talking about me, but I decided it was best to let it go.

"Here." I said, passing glasses and hats to a few of the boys.

"Here goes nothing." Liam said with an enthusiastic smile.

Amber's P.O.V.

"Can't we just talk about this?" I chuckled nervously as Scott came closer and closer.

"I tried babe." He said with a devilish smirk as he walked closer to me. "But as usual, your stubborn ass didn't fucking listen." He shouted as he pushed me into a cold, hard stone wall.

"I'm s-sorry." I managed to choak out.

He got right in my face and smirked a bit. "But, you aren't. How many times have you said sorry for being stubborn? Now how many times did you act that way after you appologized. Every time? Yep. You know you deserve this, you brought this on yourself." He spat, becoming more and more angry.

I gulped, but words fled from my mouth before I could even think about stopping myself. "Can you just kill me already? Haven't you tourchered me enough?"

He laughed. "What, do you want me to take you out of your missery? Why would I help you out?" He continued laughing.

"The longer you keep me here, alive, the more likely it is for you to get caught." I challanged him.

Honestly, I had no clue what I was doing. I wasn't helping myself one bit, I was just agging him on. I knew no one was looking for me, and even if they were, they wouldn't find me. There's no way they could. Did I actually want to die?

"Yeah, because someone actually cares about you." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Clearly you do, afterall you did waste your time stalking and harassing me just so you could bring me here to die." I said slowly in a low toned voice.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled before slapping me across the face. I refused to back down, I was numb at this point.

"The only way to prove if no one cared about me would be to tell them I was in trouble, you know? But you're too much of a puss to do that, am I right?" I smirked at him, my body remaining stiff and against the wall.

His face turned beat red and his jaw clenched. "I'm not going to tell them because I won't be pinned with your murder, I won't risk being caught." He said through his teeth.

"Oh, well back to my original point. If you don't want to get caught you should just kill me now." I said as if I had him all figured out.

He began laughing. "Oh no, you're not going to manipulate me." He said, turning the tables back on me. It's funny, I didn't even realize I was doing that. I guess I really haven't changed.

"And you're going to be charged with my murder if you don't dispose of me soon." I said in a nonchalant tone.

He grabbed me by my neck and threw me down to the floor. It hurt terribly, as if I had broken something, but I refused to show him that.

"So, you're going to do it?" I asked him, my voice tired and eyes drooping.

"GOD DAMMIT!" He yelled before getting on top of me and punching me a few times in the face.

"ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SAY!?" He screamed in my face, still on top of me.

Most people would keep their mouth shut in a time like this, but I wasn't most people.

"You can only beat someone so much before they die." I said, acting a lot more faint than I really was. I hardly opened my eyes and shallowed my breathing.

He huffed and stormed out of the room. My mind was screaming at me to make an escape for it, but my heart and body kept me there. I didn't want to move.

Scott reappeared at the top of the stair case and made his way to me slowly. His face showed little emotion, but his eyes showed anger. As he made his way down the stairs I saw something shiny behind back in his right hand.

I stayed completely still. I debated on holding my breath when he made his way here, but I didn't want to and I knew it would be useless.

"Stand up." He barked in his usual aggressive, demanding tone.

I got up slowly, due to the pain I was in. Yeah, bones were broken.

"Back against the wall." He demanded, still making his way towards me.

I stepped back and practically bounded myself to that wall.

"It took me some time to figure out what do with you." He started as he paced back in forth in front of me.

"And as much as I hate to admit this to you.." He paused again after putting much emphasis on the word 'you'.

"You were right. If I don't get rid of you now, someone could catch me. Either way, I'll still get the joy of making you pay." He said with a glint of evil in his dark brown eyes.

He lifted the knife towards me.

So this would be the last thing I was. A dark basement and a crazy ex boyfriend.

I felt the cold blade swipe across my throat.