"I love you. I'm sorry."

DEAD LUCAS AU AND EVENTUALLLY DEAD ATHY

Bittersweet ending I guess

~

Today was the fifth anniversary of Lucas's death. Five years ago Lucas was murdered, protecting the princess.

Princess Athanasia, the wizard's childhood playmate. His lover. His best friend.

At the end of every month, the princess will visit his grave. She would polish his tomb, replace the flowers, and tell stories to the grave. What had happened that month, the newest gossip, sometimes just smack-talking people.

Ever since the wizard's death, Athanasia has worked on making everything better. When asked about it, she simply responded, "I want everything to be the best it can before my death."

No one questioned it. Everyone dies eventually, right?

Everyone did question it when Athanasia went to visit Lucas's grave and never returned.

Athanasia's still body was found in the woods behind the grave. As if she laid down to sleep and never woke up.

The emperor, Claude de Alger Obelia, was of course devastated. The princess was buried next to her lover, and many people often visit there to pray for their eternal happiness in their next life, including the emperor himself.

One day however, a citizen gasped upon seeing the sight in front of them.

"Could you stop apologizing, please?"

"But.."

"No buts. Now stop apologizing."

"Okay, I'm sorry."

"Wha- What did I just say?!"

"I love you. I'm sorry."

~
Author's Note: that's great an all but who's speaking what? Honestly could be either of them.

Being a writer is like being an exorcist. I have an idea and I gotta get it out immediately. No exceptions.