In Another Life

Reincarnation/Soulmate AU

~

In another life, she was Athanasia  de Alger Obelia, a princess.

In another life, she had already met her soulmate. Lucas.

In another life, she died. Tearing her away from Lucas.

And now?

She's 5 years old. About to enter kindergarten.

On her wrist was a few words that have never, ever changed. Throughout all of her lives, these two words never changed.

"It's you!"

Those are the words that allowed Athanasia to find her soulmate in her last life.

"Are you ready, kid?"

Diana. The tourist from Siodonna, a nearby town, that somehow managed to catch the attention of a CEO.

Said CEO turned out to be Diana's soulmate, and married Diana.

This CEO is also Claude.

In another life, they would also have met. A dancer from Siodonna, a neighboring kingdom, and the king of Obelia.

In another life, they would have met.

In another life, Diana would be dead.

To be fair, this Diana barely survived the labor. But she did.

"Yes mama! I'm ready!"

"Aww, sunshine, I'm gonna miss you!"

Diana engulfed Athanasia into a bear hug, Athanasia happily hugging back.

"Athy will miss mama lots! But don't worry! Athy will always come back, mama!"

Diana smiled. Patting the girls head, Diana walked the girl inside the classroom.

Athanasia smiled at her mother before turning to the classroom. Gasping, Athanasia dropped her backpack.

"Lucas?"

~

In another life, he was Lucas. The royal magician, able to destroy a kingdom just by flicking his wrist.

In another life, he met Athanasia. His soulmate.

In another life, his soulmate was murdered. Heavy with grief, Lucas killed himself.

And now he was 5-ish, entering school.

Boring.

Due to retaining all his memories from his past life, Lucas didn't need school. But hey, he might meet Athanasia again.

Lucas sat in a corner, skimming through a book. All the books there were boring anyways, but he needed something to do.

"Lucas?"

Blinking, Lucas looked over to the voice he remembered fondly.

"It's you!"