A Fear Like No Other

If Lucas had to deal with Athy instead of Athanasia.

CYCIR!

~

"Are.. you okay?"

Lucas was usually given a retort. Something along the lines of 'of course I'm okay idiot.'

But no, currently he was being confronted with a version of Athanasia.

Not his Athanasia, someone else entirely.

They were both in a clearing, surrounded by a thick forest of redwood trees. In the direct middle sat an imposter wearing Athanasia's face.

She was tied to the ground by flowering vines, heavy with daffodils. Butterflies decorated her hair, her body, almost every inch of her skin.

There were three butterflies.

One was the color blue.

The second was the color gray.

The final being the color purple.

Theoretically, those colors (besides blue) aren't possible for butterflies. But then again, in front of him was Not-Athanasia tied to the ground.

No- wait, tied isn't the right word for it.

Chained.

The vines acted like shackles. Beautiful ones, but shackles nonetheless.

"Hello."

The imposter spoke, bringing Lucas's focus back to where he was currently.

And god.

Her eyes were brought from brilliant diamond to glittering dust. All that spark in her eyes- the one Lucas loved- was gone. All that was left was unbearable sadness.

"H..ello.."

Lucas blinked. "Hello."

"Nice.. to meet.."

It felt so wrong.

This was so, so wrong.

"..no." Athanasia looked saddened. "Not.. o.. kay..."

"Do you need something? I'd be happy to help."

Lucas took a step forward. Athanasia looked up at him.

"Take care of them. For me."

Her voice was filled with clarity.

Lucas smiled.

"I will."

~

Lucas watched as Athanasia opened her eyes.

~

ORIGINALLY LUCAS WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THE REVIVAL THING BUT I CHANGED IT TO ATHY