To be dead, or not to be??

I love how I said, "I'm back!" and then died again. Here.

~

Athanasia cannot recall the last time she had seen Lucas smile like this.

Sitting alone in a field of flowers, laughing and smearing paint all over each other.

"H-Hey wait, you're supposed to be painting the scenery! Not me!" Athanasia laughed out.

Lucas shrugged, smacking another glob of paint on Athanasia with an evil grin. "I just said we were going to be painting. Not the scenery, painting."

Athanasia snorts, dipping her brush into a vibrant blue and hitting Lucas in the face with it. Yelping, the magician closes his eyes as the pigment hits his cheek. Opening them, he moves his hand up to his face before smiling.

"Athy? This is blue paint."

"Yes?"

"Are you marking me as yours? Blue kind of is your signature color after all-"

"NO!"

Athanasia's face was various shades of pink and red, eyes blown wide.

"Why would I ever do that?!? I- I really like blue, sure, but it's not my signature color! It was a subconscious decis-"

Shmack.

Red paint.

Athanasia pauses, examining Lucas's expression before chuckling.

"Now who's marking who?"

"Hasn't anyone told you, Nasia?" Lucas said boredly, draping himself over his significant other. "Relationships are equal contributions. If I get to be yours, you get to be mine."

Leaning over and pecking Lucas on the lips, Athanasia smiles warmly.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."