Creatober (Day 29) : Dance

~

~

"Athy?"

Athanasia was found face first in her bed, grumpy.

Yes, she knows she's acting like a kid.

Yes, her reason for sulking is stupid.

Yes, she was fucking upset because Lucas broke his promise.

Today was Athanasia's debutante, and Lucas had promised her a dance.

Yes, it was really insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but come on!

"Aatthhhy?"

"Mmm.."

Athanasia turned her head to see Lucas leaning against her wall, smiling. "Hey. Sorry I'm late."

Pouting, the princess turned her head back into her pillow. Lucas snorted. "Why are you upset?"

"Shouldn't you know? You broke your promise."

The magician's smile grew a bit wider, chuckling. The princess glared at Lucas. Was he making fun of me?!

"Princess." Gently picking Athanasia up, the princess noticed the affection and admiration in his gaze. "I promised you a dance. Not during the debutante though."

Walking out onto the balcony, Lucas muttered a spell under his breath before the two started to levitate. Up, up, up.

Lucas and Athanasia burst through the clouds, alone together under an array of stars. The mana causing Lucas to float swirled around Athanasia, allowing the girl to levitate. Extending his hand out, Lucas cocked his head to the side. "Princess, will you dance with me?"

Staring at his hand for a second, Athanasia smiled before clasping it tightly. Waving his other, free hand around, musical notes swirled around in the air. The melody was soft, yet elegant. Twirling Athanasia around, Lucas slowly led Athanasia into a waltz. Athanasia couldn't help but stare off into the sky, viewing the shimmering stars speckled into the sky and beautiful moon.

"Hey, my eyes are over here." Lucas smirked, causing Athanasia to snort.

"I know, Lucas."

Separating away from each other, they both gave a deep bow as the music played it's final melody.

"Athanasia."

The princess blinked before tilting her head. "Yes, Lucas?"

"May I kiss you?"

Athanasia felt the crimson red crawling onto her face, threatening to expose her flustered state. Her throat was all choked up, clogged with words that wanted to escape.

Yet, they didn't.

All she could manage to do was nod, signaling Lucas her consent.

Walking over, the magician slowly grabbed Athanasia's waist before giving her a gentle kiss under the moonlight.

Despite nature's spotlight being placed on them, there was no audience.

Just Athanasia and Lucas, Lucas and Athanasia.