The Idea of Death (is so strangely alluring)

HELLO!

This is not a Lucathy prompt but if you are here for those and those only I will be posting an actual prompt (hopefully) later!

Y'know the story "I'm Tired," written by my good friend hheng07?

Yeah I had a thought.

I wanted to write it down before I forgot it.

Also I mentioned in a conversation on my profile that I accidentally started two new stories, I will be using some sentences from one.

SO-

What if Athanasia lost the will to fight?

~

Athanasia doesn't know what she was feeling.

She should have died years ago.

No, she did die.

In her first life, she had been executed by her own blood.

In her second life, she had been a beggar. Kicked around and scorned at, occasionally pitied.

(All she ever received was pity.)

Athanasia closed her eyes.

And then the third life.

She was adopted out of the streets by a big organization. She thought that she would finally be loved.

That was not the case.

Due to the reincarnation, Athanasia unintentionally harbored mana. Magic, if you will.

Used as a human weapon.

And then she was killed.

Only two things had remained present throughout all these lives.

Her memories, and a tattoo on her back.

That stupid, stupid tattoo.

Now here she was.

Here again, as Athanasia de Alger Obelia.

That man.

That stupid, idiotic man.

Claude de Alger Obelia.

Her father. Why-

No.

How.

How the actual fuck did this man, rumored to be a genius, fall for someone like Jennette?

This man kept a picture of Penelope, his cheating fiance, in his room. How did he forget about this girl's existence?

And more importantly, forget about Athanasia? His daughter who worked so hard to impress him?

"..odd." Athanasia perked up. Her only form of entertainment was the maids in the palace. She couldn't do much, considering she was a baby.

"What do you mean?" Lillian.

Athanasia felt her throat tighten, electing to focus on the other maid's voice.

"She's been so docile and quiet!" The maid complained. "She sleeps most of the time- hell, she hasn't bothered to crawl! All children are supposed to be loud and annoying!"

Hannah, if Athanasia remembered correctly, stormed into the room with Lillian protesting behind.

"YOU!" Hannah had basically screamed into the baby's face. "WHAT ARE YOU PLOTTING?!"

Athanasia internally scoffed. Not dignifying the maid with a response, the girl simply blinked.

Hannah stopped, being pulled back by Lillian. "Hannah, please! She can't even talk yet!"

"I-" Hannah paused, regret flooding her features. "What am I doing..?"

"I'm not sure. I think," Lillian paused. "I think you need to take a breather outside."

"Yeah, I'll.. I'll do that."

The maid (Athanasia couldn't be bothered to call her by her name anymore) stumbled out the door. Lillian turned toward the child, sighing quietly.

"I'm sorry." Lillian silently rocked the child's cradle. "I don't think- I don't think I can keep them around anymore."

Athanasia blinked before making a noise. This was new.

"I might have to do a mass fire."

The girl wanted to listen to what Lillian was saying. But the gentle motions of the cradle, and Lillian's soothing voice..

Athanasia fell asleep.

And by the time she awoke? She was surprised to see Lillian in front of her cradle, and in front of her the most dangerous man in the kingdom.

The emperor.